4c review of NXT
October 20, 2017
4c review of NXT
Score 2 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Financial Edge NXT
We use Financial Edge NXT for high level review of transactions and attachment of accounts payable invoices. It is more efficient than the database version as far as drilling down and finding transactions. We only use the General Ledge and Accounts Payable currently.
- Like I said, the ease of getting around and drilling down for information is the best feature for us.
- It is great to have attached accounts payable invoices instead of having to search through an organization of folders to find an invoice copy.
- The hidden benefit is always being up to date on versions. We don't have to get emails notifying us of updates, forwarding those to IT and asking them to have our hosting company apply patches. Then we would wait and have the system down off hours before updates were applied. That's all gone now.
- We have to rely on the database version for Accounts Receivable.
- I'me not real sure about all the features. I know what I've got in the database view and so I live there. I would like to get into general ledger reporting and queues but the one time I tried, I couldn't get where I wanted to go so I gave up easily.
- We've had a couple of issues that came up for some reason because of what we use that apparently nobody else does, like having the many bank accounts we use show up in a drop-down menu. The software engineers have been good to fix those things, but it makes me feel like we are continually using a beta version of the software. It feels like Blackbaud is trying to get up to speed at their own pace and at the expense of users experimentation.
- We've had some untimely database down time from server errors over the period of a few weeks.
- The availability of attached invoices has provided some immediate information for audit questions that we would have struggled to obtain otherwise.
- We have some slow times when it appears the servers are busy. We have to wait after each click of the mouse and have to be careful not to get ahead of the keystrokes because we don't know where we are in the sequence. This may last for a while and then go away.
- Operational efficiency
- Improved insight into your organization's performance
- Faster month-end process
- Automation of business processes
We have seen some efficiencies with financial reviews and audits by ease of accessing records.
Unfortunately we felt that Raiser's Edge was a little behind the times and committed to using SalesForce for our donations processing a couple of years ago. SalesForce has since lent itself to other information recording including Accounts Receivable that is also available from the cloud.
We are satisfied with Financial Edge as an accounting package. NXT is a nice add on but we don't give it a lot of weight since it is not complete.
NXT seems like a unfinished software product. We're too busy to experiment with a partially finished product with bugs and so we default to the database view. I think in the back of our minds that someday it will be a finished product. In the meantime there's no rush to move from the database view to NXT.