Microsoft SharePoint is usually considered an internal content management product, but it also features web content management capabilities for managing external website content. SharePoint is a very broadly adopted solution and competes successfully with Oracle, EMC Documentum and OpenText in the ECM space. It is also a collaboration platform and, in this context, competes with IBM's Collaboration platform (Lotus) and products like Novell Teaming and Jive Team Collaboration.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/kA/2M/MTL0RZL1QRTR.PNGMS SharePoint for a user and content uploader - it is GREAT!We are using SharePoint across all departments within our organization. It is used as a permanent repository for many of our important documents (Contracts, Constitution and Bylaws, Board Meeting agendas and documents, important cases - just to name a few). In the past, we were using a shared drive to store these documents. Others who worked off-site had to connect to the VPN to access any of these documents. Because MS SharePoint is a web-based program, this provides them easy access to the documents. The meta-data category also provides a great way to pull information. I personally appreciate the ability to access the documents without connecting to our internal network.,It allows our staff to access important documents without connecting to the VPN or our network. The uploading process on the back end is very user-friendly and simple. The ability to consolidate the many programs of MS is amazingly useful. I can access my calendar, Outlook, documents I was working on all in one place!,The interface for Outlook in MS SharePoint could be improved to look like the regular Outlook. Our staff has a tough time when the emails are linked together. Outlook in MS SharePoint does not provide access to other shared In Box (es). More information on OneNote and OneDrive on the homepage would be helpful.,8,We moved from DocuShare to MS SharePoint and it's been proven very effective. Using MS SharePoint has provided immediate access to documents to staff where in the past, they would have to wait for an admin staff to forward to them. It has been a positive impact for our organization - our newer staff has really benefited from MS SharePoint.,Xerox DocuShareSharePoint Online is good enoughWe are using SharePoint hosted and SharePoint Online to host intranet team sites and an inter-company website. For my service team, I use SPO to host a large (>100GB) repository of content and software for my field service users to access on the go. The companion mobile and PC OneDrive apps are great for keeping things available even while offline for my field users.,Granular permission access of files and folders, via AD groups or team site groups. OneDrive offline sync mechanism seems robust and handles online/offline well. Microsoft Teams integration is useful.,SharePoint to OneDrive sync mechanism is hidden or difficult to understand for users coming from Dropbox, Box, or other cloud storage apps. UI isn't really that great. SPO is a huge improvement, but is still very Microsoft-ish. Uploading a new version of a file with a different name is not possible.,8,Cuts down on internal requests for help Reduces our internal field service calling technical support by 50% Field workers internationally have access to common resources easily,Box, Dropbox and Google DriveMS SharePoint reviewed from an end-user POVMS SharePoint has been used across the whole organization. Users have different levels of access. Some are high experts and provide support to other users, some are end-users. We use it as a collaboration tool and temporary storage for the documents that others will need access to. We restrict the access to the documents accordingly.,MS SharePoint allows users to limit different access and roles for different people. We can store documents and others can view the most updated versions. We can save previous versions and assign tasks.,Could be more intuitive. Sometimes it takes an expert in the system to understand how to grant access and what types of access to grant The built-in features are difficult to choose from - hard to identify which ones fit my needs, they can be too complicated If SharePoint is not customized, such as the out-of-the-box version, it's hard to ensure it will fit my business needs.,10,I don't know. I don't have such visibility.,N/A,Deem, Ariba Procurement, SAP BusinessObjects BI PlatformMicrosoft SharePoint - in a nonprofit.It is being used on a department to department level. It replaces the legacy network "Shared Drives" in our network. It helps our field staff access shared drives and interact faster with HQ without using any sort of VPN. This also helps staff work more efficiently from a remote site or even at home.,Sharing and collaborating documents with the ability to lock documents upon final revision. Implementing workflows for specific documents and teams is a plus, this allows certain approval process during a copy edit to run smoothly. Project-related sites are quick and easy to deploy templates for fast moving teams or temporary teams.,Creating a brand new site needs work. More widgets or drop in's perhaps. Making the administration a little easier for less technically inclined staff to be able to manage. Sometimes too many features on one screen or too much granular options can be a bad thing. Add an "advanced" menu, but stick with the basics, this saves IT's time. Make it easier to design sites that are more appealing to the younger crowd, sites end up just having basic colors and text. The new UI is improved and looks a bit more modern but still is just a bunch of boxes with text in them.,8,Positive: It has helped staff work with field staff more efficiently as a cohesive team. Negative: It still creates a large time sink for Techincal Administrators due to complicated layout and complicated template designing and implementation. Positive: SharePoint Online does not need on premise work, it saves a lot of time and money. This comes with any Office365 enterprise suit.,Jive-N, Microsoft teams and Microsoft Groups,Kaseya IT Center, LogMeIn Pro, ReadyTalkMS SharePoint the best for you internal knowledge sharingWe are using SharePoint to provide knowledge to our agents, it is providing all the resource and the information they need to do their job effectively and keep them up to date.,Easy to manage and update the database tables with multiple options including API A web-based application that does not require any installation and compatible with all web browsers From a developer standpoint, it allows you to use your skills to build an amazing portal within very little time,I wish there is a better, easier way to access the database The search functionality is good but not great, I would love to see a more robust search in SharePoint I really love the integration with MS Lync and Skype, but I think that can use some improvement,10,SharePoint has a very positive impact and using it saves time Fewer team meetings and more work being done One place for knowledge and resource is amazing!,JIRA Service Desk, Atlassian Confluence and Oracle Service Cloud,JIRA Service Desk, Atlassian Confluence, Visual Studio IDE
MS SharePoint

MS SharePoint Reviews

MS SharePoint
Filter 1082 vetted MS SharePoint reviews and ratings
June 22, 2018

Review: "MS SharePoint for a user and content uploader - it is GREAT!"

• It allows our staff to access important documents without connecting to the VPN or our network.
  • The uploading process on the back end is very user-friendly and simple.
  • The ability to consolidate the many programs of MS is amazingly useful. I can access my calendar, Outlook, documents I was working on all in one place!
  • The interface for Outlook in MS SharePoint could be improved to look like the regular Outlook. Our staff has a tough time when the emails are linked together.
  • Outlook in MS SharePoint does not provide access to other shared In Box (es).
  • More information on OneNote and OneDrive on the homepage would be helpful.
MS SharePoint is well suited for organizations that have staff who work remotely as well as those with physical offices. It allows them the capability to access all the necessary programs in one place. The only setback is that not all programs mirror the original program which may cause some frustration.
Read Jessalyn Ka's full review
May 04, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "SharePoint Online is good enough"

• Granular permission access of files and folders, via AD groups or team site groups.
  • OneDrive offline sync mechanism seems robust and handles online/offline well.
  • Microsoft Teams integration is useful.
  • SharePoint to OneDrive sync mechanism is hidden or difficult to understand for users coming from Dropbox, Box, or other cloud storage apps.
  • UI isn't really that great. SPO is a huge improvement, but is still very Microsoft-ish.
  • Uploading a new version of a file with a different name is not possible.
SPO has replaced our need for Box for mobile works to have offline sync access by folders and files. Robust syncing keep our workers productive on the road, no need for VPN. Single sign-on with AD credentials built right in, if you are using Office 365, is great, and the integration with Office apps is very nice (though we have run into some problems when trying the simultaneous editing of office docs).
Read Hans Hong's full review
March 30, 2018

"MS SharePoint reviewed from an end-user POV"

• MS SharePoint allows users to limit different access and roles for different people.
  • We can store documents and others can view the most updated versions.
  • We can save previous versions and assign tasks.
  • Could be more intuitive. Sometimes it takes an expert in the system to understand how to grant access and what types of access to grant
  • The built-in features are difficult to choose from - hard to identify which ones fit my needs, they can be too complicated
  • If SharePoint is not customized, such as the out-of-the-box version, it's hard to ensure it will fit my business needs.
I would recommend MS SharePoint to individuals who wish to collaborate on documents, save old/previous versions of their documents, assign tasks, maintain a progress log and share with their teams, assign edit rights to others, so they can modify your documents, build workflows, create collaborative websites, and all online.
Read Adriana Paez's full review
March 15, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "Microsoft SharePoint - in a nonprofit."

• Sharing and collaborating documents with the ability to lock documents upon final revision.
  • Implementing workflows for specific documents and teams is a plus, this allows certain approval process during a copy edit to run smoothly.
  • Project-related sites are quick and easy to deploy templates for fast moving teams or temporary teams.
  • Creating a brand new site needs work. More widgets or drop in's perhaps.
  • Making the administration a little easier for less technically inclined staff to be able to manage. Sometimes too many features on one screen or too much granular options can be a bad thing. Add an "advanced" menu, but stick with the basics, this saves IT's time.
  • Make it easier to design sites that are more appealing to the younger crowd, sites end up just having basic colors and text. The new UI is improved and looks a bit more modern but still is just a bunch of boxes with text in them.
It is suited for organizational file storage and long-term projects. It is also great to use it to replace the departmental shared drive for easier cloud or remote access. It is not appropriate for ad-hoc teams or ad-hoc projects that require really short turn around times. Microsoft Groups or Teams are better suited for this.
Read Jeffrey Ing's full review
June 26, 2018

Review: "MS SharePoint the best for you internal knowledge sharing"

• Easy to manage and update the database tables with multiple options including API
  • A web-based application that does not require any installation and compatible with all web browsers
  • From a developer standpoint, it allows you to use your skills to build an amazing portal within very little time
  • I wish there is a better, easier way to access the database
  • The search functionality is good but not great, I would love to see a more robust search in SharePoint
  • I really love the integration with MS Lync and Skype, but I think that can use some improvement
I think it is great for an internal portal to share knowledge articles and provide your agents with the info they need on daily basis. SharePoint, in my opinion, is the way to go if you want to keep agents ready and updated to handle any task. It is great for pushing continuing training.
Maybe it is not the best suited as a primary training platform but it is great for a quick small information sharing and process documenting also it is perfect to store procedures and rules book.
Read Ammar Aldaffaie's full review
June 06, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "Workhorse that gets the job done, but poor UX"

Our organization's information technology platform is built under the Microsoft ecosystem and products umbrella. When it comes to groupware (creation of micro sites that enable content, wikis, and document libraries) the natural tool to deploy is Microsoft SharePoint, and its cousin OneDrive. The whole organization has built-in pre-approved and pre-configured access to SharePoint, and it is encouraged as the go-to tool.
  • Transparent integration within an organization under the MS umbrella
  • Leveraging of existing single sign-on facilities
  • Advanced customization with centralized Active Directory features
  • User experience is subpar
  • Unclear behaviors when sync-ing devices
  • Some users report bugs in the Windows client
Once you train your users to understand the peculiarities, organizations that are already fully integrated in the MS corporate platform should adopt MS SharePoint. However, organizations that might have challenges in terms of providing adequate training to its users might benefit from other groupware and file sharing systems that have been designed with usability in mind.
Read Daniel Blazquez's full review
March 06, 2018

MS SharePoint: "SharePoint Review"

We use it in almost every department within our organization! I’m not sure how many use it on a day to day basis but I definitely use it weekly. There are a lot of features which are really beneficial but can be overwhelming at times. Customizing takes time and money so the more you want to customize the harder the process will be.
  • Unique SharePoint Internet. Allows custom add ins.
  • All the features! There are so many features that are bound to be what you’re looking for.
  • It is cross department collaborative! This allows team work which is extremely helpful.
  • You get to choose the best pricing for what you’ll be using it for.
  • Your bill can be expensive if you want a lot of features.
  • Service providers can be challenging.
  • Extra effort might be required if you use a custom ERP system.
Definitely suited well for a large company that will be using it on a regular basis. May not be suitable for a smaller company of less than 250 workers.
Read Betsy Scruggs's full review
February 28, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "I can't remember life before SharePoint"

We used it across the whole organization. Sharepoint is used mainly for sharing files with teammates, as well as simultaneously editing them. We just tell each other that we have posted it on Sharepoint and that's all. Sharepoint allowed us to be efficient and saved us tons of time versus emailing the files around to each other all the time.
  • SharePoint is great for file sharing.
  • The ability to create and fill out online forms for business purposes is my favorite feature.
  • I enjoy having the ability to grant different levels of access to different members of the team.
  • Files saved can be easily tracked using your Office 365 applications.
  • Uploading documents, you can simply drag a document onto a site page in any browser.
  • It is hard to integrate sharing documents and uploading documents through my Mac.
  • Finding a specific file without a proper link can be very challenging.
  • Some of the sortings can be confusing when you are first learning the product.
  • Some of the set up is not obvious. I watched a lot of youtube to help me connect the dots.
I'm using Sharepoint to share the data across multiple entities across the organization. It is helping to share the data securely with maintaining data integrity. I don't like the quirks in the review process of a document. Sometimes, I might edit a document and can't save or delete documents because it is locked by me when it is in fact not locked.
Read Андрей Жеребцов's full review
February 27, 2018

"MS SharePoint Review"

MS SharePoint is currently the tool we use to manage all of our tasks. With SharePoint, we can lead the people we work with to one source to get information and store information. MS SharePoint provides users the ability to utilize a library to house their documentation for a limitless amount of projects while making it easy to find the information one needs. Additionally, MS SharePoint can be used in a similar way as a website, allowing people to get the information you choose to distribute to them.
  • Document Management
  • Organization Management
  • Information Display
  • Learning Curve
  • Understanding of basic coding for customization
MS SharePoint is perfect for anyone who needs to manage their work. This site allows for one to store what they need where they need it in a manner that best fits their needs. Additionally, the SharePoint site can be customized into a portal where one can choose to distribute information to a large audience should they want to.
Read Jesse Brand's full review
February 19, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "SharePoint has a lot to share... if you can find out how to do it"

[It's] currently used as a project and document repository. In a past organization, it was used to support some workflows as well.
  • It is very configurable and has lots of ways to customize views. Many options to choose from. You can do a lot of different things with the SharePoint tools.
  • Can do internal project oriented sites with many tools and capabilities. You can create an "entry site" or "working site" for your projects including things like a wiki and repository pretty easily.
  • Has separate views of the content depending on what you are trying to do. Makes customization easy.
  • Supports building some basic workflows. It's more than a repository.
  • If I want just a basic repository - that can be hard to configure given so many options.
  • I'm not quite sure what the best way to do what I want is. There are so many options.
  • Some of the ways tools are presented to the user and the language used to describe the features is not always intuitive and many times feels clunky.
Integration with Office365 is a big bonus. Complexity for return tends to weigh it down.
Read Michael Furst's full review
February 08, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "The Easy Way to Store and Retrieve Documents via Web Browsers"

We use this as a tool for the various divisions within the IT Department to store documentation, spreadsheets and other material that are provided to our auditors for our change management process. The security of MS SharePoint allows us to control access as well as the security of the information contained in the documents.
  • We are able to secure the documents much as we would if stored on a file server.
  • It provides a browser interface that is extremely user-friendly.
  • At times the properties (which includes the document name and URL are a bit cumbersome as one must click on part of the web site that is not intuitive.
  • The upload process is a bit cumbersome in that it does a brouse of the users PC.
Very well suited to create a browser interface for storing and retrieving documents. Security functionality is granular enough to work in large companies that have a high degree of segregation of duties. It is not appropriate if the documents must be cross-referenced with data stored in a database.
Read Joseph Imbimbo's full review
February 05, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "Works well for document integrity and version control"

SharePoint is used across the whole organization, though each department uses it a little differently. It is a document repository for most departments; my department also uses it to track peer-review processing for quarterly case study releases. I log in to the site practically daily and monitor progress, frequently using the workflow feature to assign tasks to my colleagues.
  • The workflow process is fantastic - built-in functionality to assign tasks to your colleagues. You can even set up multi-level tasks, so that once one task is completed, the next kicks in.
  • Email alerts work well, so you don't have to log in to SP to see status unless you want to.
  • Version history is robust.
  • The search feature could use some expansion. I really wish we could limit searches to certain "libraries" or "sites" within the overall SP database.
It's great when you have a document(s) requiring review by a lot of people. They can all edit the same doc in real-time, or check it out and make updates on their local drives.
Read Meagan Davenport's full review
February 01, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "SharePoint for Document and Approval Management"

Microsoft SharePoint is being used across our Americas Division by a number of departments including Engineering, HR, Payroll, Finance, Customer Service, and Technical Support. The scope of how we used varies from department to department, but we mainly use SharePoint for document management and workflow approvals via the use of out of the box workflows and a 3rd party add-on called NINTEX Workflow.

SharePoint helped us digitize our approvals that were done via pen and paper or by email; with the use of SharePoint we were able to cut down the amount of time it takes our approvals to be completed.

• SharePoint Workflows are one of the most useful features that can be used; setting up approval workflows is relatively easy for any user.
  • Another example of what SharePoint does well is the ability for admins and power users easily architecture the security structure of the SharePoint Site Collections. The access permissions can be setup in a way where there can be several sub sites and even document libraries that only specific users have access to.
  • Creating document libraries is another aspect that SharePoint does very well; users can use the "Open with Explorer" feature to start creating the document libraries which resembles how folders are created in Windows.
  • One improvement we would recommend is to make SharePoint work in all browsers; at the moment it only works well in a browser that has ActiveX.
  • Implementing a Visio like user interface for creating out of the box workflows would be a great feature.
  • Removing the needed local client configurations such as having the site URL in "Trusted Sites" and the need to run WebClient Service would improve the ease of use of SharePoint.
One specific scenario where SharePoint would work really well is if there's a need to digitize an approval process; SharePoint does a good job of creating approval workflows. Another scenario would be where there's a need for a central location to store a document where several users need access to work on it; that way there's only one version.
Read Lukasz Kokot's full review
February 09, 2018

User Review: "About my experience with Ms Sharepoint"

As the product changes, as SharePoint evolves and becomes even more mature, the reason I recommend people go to or use SharePoint in many cases is because it is a web platform. That means everyone in the organization can always access it with any browser today. So that is definitely amazing since we're seeing more and more "bring your own device".
  • Team and communication sites joined to a hub inherit shared navigation and a consistent look-and-feel, and each hub will receive its own landing page that rolls up news and important activity from its member sites.
  • The search function
  • Improve Search
  • More integrated flow
  • Improve lists and libraries
  • Improve hub sites
For first intranet implementation is well suited, for migration could be better
Read Leonardo Hernandez's full review
May 28, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "SharePoint - The Best Collaboration Tool Out There!"

SharePoint is being used by my Company as a collaboration tool between individuals, project teams and the company employees at large. In my capacity, I use it for project planning, including resource planning. It is also used to track overall budgets for projects and any of the hours billed to those projects.
  • It is a terrific tool for "one-stop shopping". That is, I can get to most of what I need through SP, without searching our Network.
  • SP brings efficiency which, at the end of the day, saves time for everyone which helps the company's bottom line.
  • Multiple people can be in the same folder at the same time. It does not limit usage to one user at a time.
  • Obviously, if your company is having Network issues, then it can bring SP to its knees.
  • Scheduled downtime can also be an issue. It is typically scheduled during non-business hours, but I travel frequently and it can impede my work at times.
  • It is not the "prettiest" to work with. Tabs, radio buttons, etc. are very plain to look at and work with. I recognize that the User can get creative with their own "content", but I do not have time for that.
SP seems to work best when the Company size is North of 1500. It takes a lot of man-hours to set this Tool up and configure it, and it would not make much sense for a Company with a small workforce. As the name would suggest, SP is a great tool for "sharing" company and project documents.
March 30, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "Useful file and data storage for all kinds of offices."

SharePoint is used as our office storage and communications system. It's used across the entire organization Our email, MS Office Suite, and Skype for Business are all tied into SharePoint. It helps manage space on personal work computers to access general forms and documents from a separate point.
  • It's a fairly seamless integration. I can sign in on essentially any office PC with my designated credentials, and access documents and Outlook with really no trouble at all. It helps save time and on days where I have to migrate between spaces/equipment, I'm able to get work done.
  • It's easy to keep track of where documents are in our system. Also, it's easy to configure old versions of documents and file them away in an archive. It works in essence as a very, VERY, convenient digital version of our physical filing system.
  • It takes some getting used to, as an iCloud/Google Drive/Dropbox user in past lives. Most of that has to do with aesthetics, but the learning curve isn't that bad. I got used to navigating our storage system pretty easily.
  • There are times where I have saved a document to my personal work folder in SharePoint, only to find an earlier copy of that file had saved instead. It's a relatively minor inconvenience but can get kind of frustrating in times where I need to get a project done quickly.
It's...I would say essential for mid-sized offices, but really any size. I've worked in a smaller office (less than 10 people) as a temp, interned at a large office of over 60 employees, and now in a permanent capacity in an office of around 40, and all three utilize SharePoint in almost identical fashions. It scales very, very well, and especially in offices where lots, and I do mean lots of different kinds of documents need to be stored in a convenient and easy-to-access location.
February 28, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "SharePoint for Intranet"

We use it for our intranet site for company communication and document access.
  • Allow ease of access to data
  • Allow users to add data to the site to share with others
  • Ease of navigation
  • Dated look and feel
  • Subscribing to pages to be updated of changes can be clunky
It is a common tool for sharing data on an intranet which makes it very useful and easy to implement and show people how to use. If you can navigate a website you can navigate SharePoint.
June 06, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "Good solution for document management and collaboration."

I have used SharePoint over the years and have seen the product improve its usability and functionality. I use it for document management and sharing documents with project members and project team collaboration.
  • It supports multiple document version control.
  • It has the capability to document share with internal or external users.
  • Each SharePoint site can have its own document library, notebooks, security, and design. Giving a more independent (task, phase, team segregation) capability.
  • SharePoint can be initially overwhelming to set up or introduce to new end-users.
  • Overall expense of the system.
Good for collaboration within an organization, particularly where a significant percentage of the users will be involved in document management.
April 19, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "Microsoft can do better"

We are using SharePoint as a replacement for our corporate network file server. Primarily we are using SharePoint for document sharing and collaboration, before releasing the document to our formal document control system (electronic quality management system).

R&D is the largest user group, but the whole organization is using SharePoint. Most of the collaboration is being done in project teams. We've set up SharePoint so that each project team has their allocated SharePoint site.
  • Document Library collaboration - ability for multiple users to simultaneously collaborate a common file at the same time.
  • Document Library autosave - a document I'm working on locally is automatically saved to the SharePoint cloud location
  • Document Library Revision Control - Document revision is automatically generated and I can see or revert back to previous revisions.
  • Follow - Ability to follow a site, a library, or a document. I can set up alerts to notify me when something is changed or whatever the criteria I customize for the alert.
  • Cloud-based - all files, apps are on the cloud, so everyone has access, regardless of where they are.
  • Performance - It takes some time to open a file from SharePoint. There's general 'lethargy' with opening, saving, and editing from SharePoint.
  • Site layout - SharePoint provides the ability to customize each site or page. However, the customization options are limited. There are only 8 text layout options to choose from and the layouts are very 'tabular'.
  • Document collaboration is great up to a point. When there are more than 3 or 4 people editing a document at the same time, the document may freeze and you lose the ability to update the cloud file. In these cases, we save the file locally and have to manually merge changes back to the cloud file.
  • Permission - if I set up a group (for permissions), I cannot embed a group within another group. For example, the group "all employees" cannot contain the groups "all US employees" and "all EU employees".
  • Syncing - Syncing sites, libraries or documents to my local computer is a hit or miss. For some people, it has worked flawlessly. For others, files don't get synced, sometimes the syncing ability temporarily goes away, sometimes it's locked for a certain user. It's inconsistent and fails more often than not.
The biggest (& only) reason I would recommend SharePoint is because it is integrated with MS Office. The simultaneous-editing, auto-versioning, alerts, messaging and other team collaboration capabilities are found in other tools which have a more 'modern' interface. SharePoint's features feel dated and not that advanced compared to other cloud-based tools which are also cheaper.
April 10, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "Microsoft SharePoint - Old Faithful"

We use SharePoint for customer and partner contract management. We use it as a database that's accessible to the entire company. We store MSAs, NDAs, insurance certificates, and we tag them with certain parameters so they're easily accessible. It's great to have this database as a fully searchable, living documentation set.
  • Contract management
  • Search functions
  • Organization
  • Bugs
  • Quirky mistakes
  • Training
I would definitely say that if you have a large customer base who sign contracts for your hw/sw/services offerings that they buy, it's great to keep a digital record of all these contracts that are accessible to the entire company. This is extremely helpful to us. I would say if you don't have more than 3 digit customers doing business on a monthly basis, this is overkill for you.
March 23, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "Functional but could be better and more up to date"

It is mainly used as a client project documentation repository tool. In the wider company is it used to store other company administrative documents e.g. OHS docs, etc. It provides the company a centralized location to store important and widely used internal and external documents.
  • Easy access
  • Version control
  • Familiar Microsoft user interface
  • Easier parent-child file structure navigation
  • Easier means of performing file operations e.g. edit, delete, move, copy/paste, etc
  • More responsive + quicker webpage and user experience (Dropbox is a fine example of how responsive it should be)
Well suited to organizations that trust Microsoft and want a central file management/storage solution. If a better and more user-friendly experience is more important than the brand establishment, reliability and trust, other alternatives should be considered.
July 09, 2018

MS SharePoint Review: "SharePoint - Ubiquitous Mediocrity"

MS SharePoint is used across the whole organization and enables quick sharing of information across different facilities. This software helps us work together cross-location and cross-functionally. It is also used because it integrates easily and quickly with existing MS products.
  • Quick sharing of documents and files.
  • Easy adjustment of documents through my browser.
  • It is easy to set up groups to share certain things with the necessary people.
  • It can be difficult to protect files from unwanted editing.
  • The changes made to files or sites are readily apparent.
  • It does a lot of things just alright when there are better solutions available; yet, because of its ubiquity, it's the go-to solution.
Microsoft SharePoint is well suited for file sharing, especially across platforms such as mobile and desktop; yet, it lacks in group collaboration. It works well for making sure everyone has access to certain files but doesn't work the best when there needs to be a team approach to developing the file.
January 18, 2018

"MS SharePoint Review"

SharePoint is currently being used across the organization. It is being used as a website as well as a place to store and gather information currently and also down the line. The HR department which I currently am in is primarily responsible for keeping up with this software and ensuring all information is up to date. It solves the problems of a large organization having the same questions as we keep all our documents on this shared drive so that every employee can review for answers to colleagues or employees they may be managing.
  • Acts as a shared drive for information. This allows for any employee in any office location to look at the same documents and information.
  • Allows us to create documents and spreadsheets with data compiled from multiple offices or employees.
  • As Office 365 users, so the integration between email and Sharepoint is fantastic.
  • The portal could be more user-friendly and easier to navigate.
  • Allowing for a customization portal where you can change and adjust things as needed.
  • Upload times, sometimes larger data pieces take longer to upload.
The ease of multiple people being able to access the same information on the site is ideal for our organization as we are so large with many outside offices. Especially useful for huge files as well that are harder to email out to employees. I really enjoy having one place to store all our information. Less appropriate may be for smaller organizations that don't utilize this to a higher extent that bigger ones do.
March 23, 2018

MS SharePoint: "Brief experience and review of SharePoint from a smaller team point of view"

We use SharePoint across different departments within the University. In particular the IT Service Desk use it as a useful resource for information and business planning.
  • Able to use tabs to present information from different subjects
  • A good calendar facility to publish planned and business events
  • A relatively good search facility
  • Quite hard to get the hang of developing the system unless you go on a SharePoint course
  • Better tools for designing sites can be made available
  • Flexibility of using themes can be made available
MS SharePoint is suited for smaller teams where not much information will be published. The larger the team, the more information and the information can look a little cluttered even when putting things into separate sections.
December 18, 2017

MS SharePoint Review: "Why SharePoint should be considered"

Sharepoint is being used in many ways but the primary ways are
  • As a document repository: This is the primary reason for SharePoint. However, it has been slowly replaced by OneDrive
  • A way to collect information: Many use it to create forms, surveys, or spreadsheets to collect information
  • As a "website": Some departments have developed websites with information.
  • To create forms or surveys so it collects information in an effective way including end-user information
  • To restrict access to specific content, folders, or files
  • As a repository that can quickly allow you to organize, filter, and search content
  • A way to have an entire organization in the same system. Using Single Sign-On makes this experience seamless
  • Sharing with others outside SharePoint. It is almost impossible to collaborate with others outside the organization
  • The tools to create "website" like experience are very outdated or hard to use. It should be easier to create for non-technical users
  • There is no seamless integration with other tools like chats or skype for business.
  • It feels like a disconnected tool from others. I have seen some improvements over the years but it still feels like it is on its own
  • There are not enough tools to create an actual community type of environment
  • To create an organized, searchable, and easy to maintain document repository
  • To collect information by using forms, surveys, or Excel files
  • If you are already using Microsoft type of services and technologies. The integrations are seamless with those products and it may be worth for you just because of the easy to use with Microsoft technologies
  • If you want to have different levels of access, roles, or restrictions within your repositories
Read Giovanni Duarte's full review

Task Management (51)
Gantt Charts (33)
Scheduling (47)
Workflow Automation (50)
Mobile Access (45)
Search (62)
Visual planning tools (44)
Chat (32)
6.4
Notifications (54)
Discussions (50)
Surveys (41)
Internal knowledgebase (60)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (16)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (14)
Integrates with Outlook (55)
Versioning (59)
Video files (51)
Audio files (51)
Document collaboration (66)
Access control (65)
Advanced security features (53)
Integrates with Google Drive (16)
Device sync (37)