FormAssembly Enterprise Review
August 28, 2014
FormAssembly Enterprise Review
Score 6 out of 10
- Form Building, Template Creation.
Overall Satisfaction with FormAssembly
Used primarily for our whole organization, FormAssembly provides the ability to take form data and pull it into Salesforce.com CRM. It has a number of other potential connections for use that we do not currently use at this time. Allows for forms submitted from a web form to be created individually or as a template for use cases in Salesforce where Flows or Visualforce Pages did not meet the criteria.
- Connectivity with Salesforce.com is very simple and easy to use. Connectivity maps forms data directly into Salesforce and can be updated quickly and efficiently when in use with schema.
- Easy page layout builder allows for simple web design and connectivity when setting up. A basic user could map out needs of the form, with an Administrator then setting up any connectivity or validations as needed.
- Retains form data and makes it easy to determine which information will be pulled from the form. Administrators can see submitted forms, measure drop rates, etc to get solid results from the form "behind the scenes"
- Conflict management with Salesforce through connectors is limited. If you make a change in Salesforce using this product without updating the form, the only time you will know is when an error email triggers to the admin.
- Better support follow up through the site. Whenever I have a technical issue, I have to go out to their main page for admin support, which it would be easier to find and/or use in the program once you're logged in.
- Cost prohibitive for smaller organization, the value of what you pay may not be enough for smaller organizations looking to use the tool.
- Ability to document and track information not easily entered in Salesforce through a Flow. Allows for seamless integration between the products to capture information.
- Can be altered or modified as needed with 'on the fly' changes to your form, so long as your schema is also updated in Salesforce.
- Good behind the scenes measurables and usage of the forms able to be documented. You can also build behind the scenes workflows if they triggers other activities in your org as well.
I was not the key decision maker in purchasing this product; I only provide administrator and user support for the product. FormAssembly works fairly well for our needs as an organization and we have not explored any other products for our business needs. If considering similar products, also consider their native functionality with API's to Salesforce as well.
We may be changing our business process in the coming FY which would allow us to not have to work off of these forms, but rather, create a custom object in Salesforce which can capture this data clearly and concisely. If we're able to do it without using the FormAssembly product, we will have no reason to use it from a business standpoint.
For organizations considering the use of FormAssembly from a non-profit space, ask about connectivity support and setup of your forms if you don't have a F/T administrator to support the program. For those with Salesforce.com ask about other ways to pull form data cleaner for areas such as Leads/Cases. Take the time to review the initial information provided for the site and ask for an administrator guide to review BEFORE making a purchasing decision.