Overall Satisfaction with GanttPRO
I am a final year Product/ Industrial Design university student. For our final year project it involves a lot of deadlines and multiple tasks which may overlap and become complicated if not planned properly. GanntPRO has helped me greatly in visualing each task and my progress to ensure that I'm on track. It is also great at showing my supervisor and examiners at the end of the project the process and steps I've taken, and demonstrate how I structure my time (something that I'm graded on as well). The colour coding is a simple yet useful tool as it helps organised the different categories of work that needs to be done.
- Ability to add sub-tasks and change the colour coding to help organise work that needs to be done
- The option to link different tasks together (task dependencies) which helps visualise what else needs to be done along side the current task
- Viewing the duration it may take and the progress chart to help quantify and visualise your progress
- It was a bit complicated at first- maybe cause I'm new to the program and needed to look up a quick tutorial
- A search function to find individual tasks as it can get quite messy when there are multiple sub-tasks and specific tasks need to be edited
- The drag function to move tasks from sub-tasks to sibling task"/ to different task "folders" can be improved slightly to make it easier to move them to other locations, since sometimes it can accidentally be placed in a different "folder"