GanttPRO Reviews

Nicholas Naclerio | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

One of the options that exist today

It helped resolve ongoing projects related to property management, property rehabilitation and managing key events in order to get properties back up and running.
We had to coordinate a lot of revolving parts that were all somewhat related to each other and it helped us create a solid definable timeline.

I also used it to manage all my course deadlines in college using the visualization for studying steps. The drag and drop tool makes it so easy to move priorities around. The user interface is very easy and user-friendly as opposed to all of those other gantt styled schedule management softwares. GanttPRO covers every step required to stay organized. As a user, I can create projects for every course I have. When I need to specify what chapter I need to take care of I just schedule it in as its own project. I'm really grateful that GanttPRO put so much thought into how easy scheduling can be.

• Time Management
  • Easy Visualization
  • Prioritization based on colors
  • Easier Mobile Access
GanttPRO is well suited for students from every university. Their interface makes it super easy for one to be organized and stay on top of tasks. In addition, any companies that use project management would be wise to use something like this. Team members can stay on top of projects and due dates and easily switch things around if there is a delay etc.
Read Nicholas Naclerio's full review
Glen Parry | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

GanttPRO Review

I am using it for engineering school projects. It's easy to use and looks great. I don't really have much experience with other Gantt chart software, but this one was quick to learn and very intuitive. I won't be able to speak to how well it would work for complex projects but it was fine for what I needed. The layout is nice and it looks professional. It's easy to edit and you can move things around easily. I'm sure it would work great for any complex project. It seems reasonably inexpensive, as well, for year-long plans. I would recommend it!
  • Looks nice.
  • Easy to edit.
  • A quick tutorial.
Well suited for university students.
Read Glen Parry's full review
May 14, 2020

My GanttPRO experience

GranttPro is a tool that has improved our team productivity by letting us distribute works more efficiently. Also, we've been available to review our team member's work charges, which has allowed us to administer resources easily. GranttPro also helps us to complete our time goals during our projects. It is easier to keep the track of time in one task. Also, the project manager is more aware of the help that a member of the team on a task might need based on the time that is taking him to complete it. The final presentation to the client is easy and clean. It is very useful, that break days are automatically hidden just like break hours. This is a very helpful tool, give it a try.
  • Final presentation
  • Task details
  • Easy use
  • I haven't found any problems
Great for any team work, not only development projects.
March 19, 2020

Easy to use and great for collaboration

We are using GanttPRO to project manage the launch of a number of aspects of our business across the organization. It helps to manage resources both internal and external as well as make reasonable predictions about achievable timelines. It also encourages a project management approach to ensure consistency across all areas of business.
  • The GANTT Chart is easy to use.
  • Managing teams and ensuring clarity of tasks allocated.
  • Resource management.
  • The slow undo process is frustrating.
Event management and product launches. All small to medium-sized projects.
May 08, 2020

Student Review

As a student, I used many of the workflow tools but GanttPRO has proved to be the most user-friendly tool for creating a project schedule. It has easy drag and drop functions for tasks and editing or modifying tasks is really a quick task with GanttPro. I like the import function the most which makes importing files created from other tools easy. It is is a good tool to keep track of tasks in the project timeline and the chart mentions of tasks overdue in a concise manner. You can also make and save you a customized template for future use and reference. With all necessary feature like other tools in the market its ease of use and compatibility with other tools makes it a great application for project purposes.
  • Ease of use.
  • Drag and drop function.
  • Compatibility with other tools.
  • Needs WBS chart function.
Useful for quick project scheduling and preparation of Gantt Chart.
April 24, 2020

Review of GanttPRO

As a student, planning and managing my senior project and masters thesis was easier with GanttPRO. With it I can monitor the workflow, stay updated with plan changing, and organize my time and thoughts with very simple steps. When I started using GanttPRO, I didn't need a tour or a guide as it was very easy to use and work with. Most of the projects in the university require a Gantt chart, so I always use and recommend others to use GanttPRO. It was never confusing and project elements were never crossing each other, so by showing or sharing the final PDF file of GanttPRO, everything is clear and easy to read.
  • Organize ideas.
  • Keep updating.
  • Easy to work with.
  • Not being an app to use from smart devices.
  • No options for students.
It is very useful for planning projects and easily used. For example, I study geology and when I start the project the plan goes like this: writing literature review - the aim - method - results - interpretation - final conclusion. So GanttPRO helps in allowing me to follow a specific and direct plan from the beginning to working of the methods and finally drawing conclusions.
February 11, 2020

Great for Student/Independent Projects

I'm an engineering student at university and I have been using GanttPRO to organize my teams and tasks the past few weeks in my Project Management Modules. So far it has been great. I have looked into alternative websites, but this one is by far the best because it is the most intuitive.
  • Task Assignments.
  • Clean, simple interface that's very intuitive with relatively little learning curve.
  • Good visualisation.
  • The views could be more customisable. For example, show the date of week's commencement on the top instead of the week number.
  • I would prefer the view to be much more horizontally compact so I can see more and scroll less.
  • Integration with Microsoft Teams.
  • Ability to export as a shared Google calendar that updates automatically.
I can certainly see it being used for the following:
  • Student Teams
  • Event Planners: eg. Weddings
  • Design Teams 1-30 for Business/Commercial purposes
  • Independent Projects
  • Personal Use
Perhaps it would be less appropriate for more complex or technical projects that require integration with software:
  • Medium-size Engineering Projects that embed heavy amounts of data (for eg. scheduling items) should probably use Primavera or something more industry-oriented
Ralph Klein Guevarra | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 05, 2019

Greatest Project Management Tool I've used!

It is a very great tool for making Gantt charts and project timelines. It solves the company's problem via the easy to use user interface that is on the website. I'll personally recommend it to my colleagues who also need a tool that will generate Gantt charts and project timelines for them. I will definitely have a subscription for the rest of my professional career. Hopefully, GanttPro will progress even more and have additional features that will enhance the user experience (given that it is a very great experience now) and it will be something that the industry will all need!
  • Gantt Charting
  • Project Timeline
  • Task Assignments
  • Generating PDF
  • Generating Doc
  • Intuitive Report Generator
In a busy work environment. It is a very handy tool to have because it can make your project management a breeze. It won't hurt your pocket as the price is very affordable with various discount offers for new and old users. I'm thankful I made the right choice on using this product.
Read Ralph Klein Guevarra's full review
Daniel Naschenweng | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

GanttPRO Review

At the moment, I am using GanttPRO by myself in order to organize, plan, and structure my master thesis. I apply this project planning tool in order to structure my available time as good as possible and to keep an overview of the tasks, which need to be done during the project.
  • Online working environment allows me to work when I want and from where I want.
  • Self-explaining user-interface.
  • Color-code for tasks could be extended and improved.
GanttPRO is the perfect project planning tool for beginners as well as experts to plan projects of any size.
Read Daniel Naschenweng's full review
Gulfiya Kurmangaleeva | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 08, 2019

The best tool

I'm using GanttPro during my studying process at the University of London. This brilliant tool helps me significantly! I manage all my courses meeting deadlines on time using visualization for studying steps. GanttPro covers all the needed functionalities. For example, as a user, I can create plans for every course (when I'm going to start a new chapter when I need to send my assignment for getting a review when it's time to sign up for exams). In addition, I can use drag and drop functionality and it speeds up the process significantly. What's more, GanttPro has a modern cool design! It's a pleasure to use GanttPro!
  • Modern design
  • List of cool functionalities
  • None
GanttPro is well suited for the following things:
1. For managing courses
2. For visualizing all processes
3. For keeping in mind deadlines, tasks, and resources
4. For understanding whether you need additional resources for meeting my professional and studying goals on time
5. Cool design makes me happy during the work process
6. Bunch of functions allows me to spend less time
7. The professional support team can always help if I have a question
8. I can easily share my work with colleagues
9. Design of plans is brilliant. It's not a shame to share PNG
I haven't noticed any cases when GanttPro was bad. I can highly recommend it.
Read Gulfiya Kurmangaleeva's full review
KATHIA GONZALEZ | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 30, 2019

Highly recommended for PMP

I'm using GanttPro during my PMP studies at the EDPM, Escuela de Project Management in Andalucía, Spain. I have used it to solve project management exercises and simulate project development. I read in a forum that this tool was highly recommended, as it easily works as other recognized programs. I am very pleased with its performance.
  • It is quite easy to use. I like very much the export options, and how easily you can print it to a PDF. Drag and drop options are also very appreciated.
  • Also, the “team & resources tool” is very useful in order to quickly isolate team duties and deadlines.
  • Nothing to improve. I really like the GanttPRO interface.
It is excellent for PMP studies, and also for business project tracking. I highly recommend it.
Read KATHIA GONZALEZ's full review
HAOSHENG QIAN | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 04, 2019

GanttPRO Review

It is an excellent software to plan a project. It forces me to think about how to split the whole project into small achievable tasks and set milestones for each stage. At the same time, this is pure online software which means I can access and edit it at any time any place.
  • Online software.
  • Color coding is excellent.
  • The default mode should be with the tabs closed.
  • The days off should show up in months zoom mode.
GanttPRO is good for any kind of project with various amounts of members. It is good for time management and delivery of tasks to each member. The impressive feature is that each member could be signed to sub-tasks in the project. And they could update their rate of progress.
Read HAOSHENG QIAN's full review
Jorge Juan Ñíguez Fernández | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 04, 2019

Satisfaction with GanttPRO!

I'm using GanttPRO during my studying process at the University of Granada. This tool helps me a lot to make easier my project. I manage a project about accessibility for a course. GanttPRO covers all the needed functionalities. For example, as a user, I can create plans for every part (when I'm going to start a new user story when I need to send my project for getting a review when it's time to sign up for exams). In addition, I can use drag and drop functionality and it speeds up the process significantly. What's more, GanttPRO has a modern cool design! It's a pleasure to use GanttPRO!
  • Modern design.
  • Easy to learn.
  • None that I can think of!
The application is well suited for project management. It has worked great for this and is able to perform all of the tasks that I need it to. I can also see myself using this program at work and in the future.
Read Jorge Juan Ñíguez Fernández's full review
January 29, 2020

The greatest GanttPRO review

GanttPRO was super easy to use. I used it for a project and loved it very much. It kept track of every task I had. It also gave me the ability to see how long each task would take me based on the hours I was working. It has a great visual and offered many options to change the look. You can see the weekly, daily, monthly break-downs of each and every one of your tasks. It's super user friendly and great for beginners. This was the first time I had used a Gantt Chart, and it was amazing. I love GanttPro and highly recommend it.
  • Lots of features
  • Not fully free
GanttPRO is well suited for visual representation of your tasks.
October 31, 2019

Our team has never been more organized!

Managing a small team can prove to be more challenging than expected. Our team was looking for a more intuitive software to make a Gantt chart to organize our schedule and some colleagues recommended GanttPRO to us as they were using it for their team. When I started, I found the tool incredibly easy to pick up and was able to apply our schedule to it straight away. It was also efficient at making modifications on-the-go. GanttPRO is being used by our project manager for our team of four. It greatly helps us schedule and manage our time as well as plan ahead for the future.
  • Organize tasks into categories and subsections. While this is applicable to most task-tracking software, our team had never seen one for Gantt chart software before.
  • Easy to pick up and intuitive to use. I used to loathe making Gantt charts because they just took so long and were incredibly tedious with an unintuitive interface. It totally ruined the experience for me. As a first time user of GanttPRO, I found it heaps easier to learn and use than other software.
  • With GanttPRO, it's super easy to make changes on the fly. Life always throws unforeseen circumstances at any team; luckily, it's really easy to make changes with the software and account for situations.
  • I'm not sure if this already exists, but being able to see the full chart without exporting it would be nice.
  • More colour options to differentiate roles and tasks would be great! A lot of the current colours are fairly similar (lots of greens and blues) and can be hard to tell apart for some people.
  • Allowing some tasks to happen in tandem; allowing the arrows to go backward. For example, I tried to connect one task to another to show that they are related and the software would not let that happen because one task started in the middle of the other.
Where GanttPRO is well suited:
  • Managing a small team
  • Independent game development team
  • Tracking tasks
  • Scheduling for a short period of time
  • Student teams
  • Class assignments
Where GanttPRO is less appropriate:
  • Larger teams
  • Projects spanning over five years
  • Small projects less than a week-long
September 09, 2019

So user-friendly and effective

I am currently a student taking an MIS course. We have a team of 5 people and needed to use a project management tool for an assignment. We compared and tried out a few but GannttPRO was so easy to use and provided all the necessary tools to help keep our project on track. Adding task, assigning/unassigning resources and even exporting was a breeze! In addition, I love how you change the view with a click of a button and it also gives you tips along the way. Being a new user, I was surprised at how user-friendly the tool was. I would definitely recommend it and I look forward to using it for future projects.
  • Usability
  • User-friendly
  • Cost-effective
  • Export without the watermark in trial mode.
In my case, I use it for school but can also see myself using it for work.
Clarissa Chong | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2019

Useful and simple for students

I am a final year Product/ Industrial Design university student. For our final year project it involves a lot of deadlines and multiple tasks which may overlap and become complicated if not planned properly. GanntPRO has helped me greatly in visualing each task and my progress to ensure that I'm on track. It is also great at showing my supervisor and examiners at the end of the project the process and steps I've taken, and demonstrate how I structure my time (something that I'm graded on as well). The colour coding is a simple yet useful tool as it helps organised the different categories of work that needs to be done.
  • Ability to add sub-tasks and change the colour coding to help organise work that needs to be done
  • The option to link different tasks together (task dependencies) which helps visualise what else needs to be done along side the current task
  • Viewing the duration it may take and the progress chart to help quantify and visualise your progress
  • It was a bit complicated at first- maybe cause I'm new to the program and needed to look up a quick tutorial
  • A search function to find individual tasks as it can get quite messy when there are multiple sub-tasks and specific tasks need to be edited
  • The drag function to move tasks from sub-tasks to sibling task"/ to different task "folders" can be improved slightly to make it easier to move them to other locations, since sometimes it can accidentally be placed in a different "folder"
This is a quick and intuitive way which helps visualise the work that you've done and needs to be done. It has features that you didn't think was needed, but realise it helps greatly especially the duration(weeks) bar which helps show how much time you set for each task.
Read Clarissa Chong's full review
Corinne Muir | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 28, 2019

GanttPRO for Ph.D. research

I used GanttPRO to create a plan for the completion of my Ph.D. thesis. This enabled me to schedule work on the different elements and chapters and ensure that I am on track to complete it in time. I also used the Gantt charts that I created in my annual reviews, a good thesis plan is necessary to pass the review and progress to the next year of study and GanntPro allowed me to create a great chart to support this. GanntPro was easy to use and allowed me to create an attractive chart, which was also easy to edit when necessary for my next annual review.
  • Creates an attractive chart
  • Easy edit
  • Nothing
I found it useful for planning and communicating a timeline for my Ph.D. research.
Read Corinne Muir's full review
Cassie Tucker | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 17, 2019

GanttPro > TeamGantt

I am a student who is currently doing a working year abroad in New Zealand. I have been tasked with a project which has several different sections to it, along with varying deadlines. In the beginning, GanttPro seemed a bit confusing, however, after playing around on it for a bit I found it much better than the other websites I had tried! You can tailor it to exactly how you want it, and it gets easier and easier to use. It allows you to download your Gantt chart as a PDF which is also highly beneficial. The colors make it easy to differentiate between each topic and the benchmarks are really useful, especially for different deadlines! It is a really good website and I thoroughly enjoyed using it and will continue to!
  • I really enjoyed how easy it was to make the layout exactly as I wanted and found it much more user-friendly than similar websites.
  • The layout is clear and very easy to read, as Gantt charts can look confusing.
  • The benchmarks that you can add in are a massive help, helps show you your progress!
  • In the beginning, it seems a bit complex, however, it gets much easier with practice.
GanttPro is really well suited to tasks that have a lot of sub-categories and different sections and/or deadlines. It clearly maps out each section and you can monitor your progress and it really helps with time management. I have been using it individually, however, for a group project, it would be very useful as you would be able to monitor everybody else's progress!
Read Cassie Tucker's full review
Nicole Berry | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 20, 2019

Using Gantt Pro for Education

Gantt Pro is being used in my studies for grad school. I am a student at the University of Southern Indiana and have used it to do simulations of project management cases.
  • Very easy to use and learn.
  • It is extremely customizable and you can make it look any way that you would like.
  • You can connect with other users and send them updates of the project as well.
  • I would like to be able to change the start date of my project after the start of it. Be able to move it forward and backward to adjust.
  • I would like to be able to customize the print area in the actual program.
  • I would like to be able to copy and paste tasks from Excel into the document.
The application is well suited for project management. It has worked great for this class and is able to perform all of the tasks that I need it to. I can also see myself using this program at work and in the future.
Read Nicole Berry's full review
Chris Drummond | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 10, 2019

Finally! An intuitive way to create professional Gantt Charts

I have been using GanttPRO to facilitate project planning and scheduling of tasks. The existing alternative is MS Project 2003, which by comparison is cumbersome to use and does not produce professional looking figures. GanttPRO is very easy to use, with an intuitive interface that allows for "drag and drop" rearrangement of tasks and linking tasks together. I found that while I was constantly googling how to do simple actions in MS Project, I could easily guess how to achieve what I wanted in GanttPRO. It also produced a much more slick and polished figure that I would be happy to attach to reports or put in tender documents.
  • Intuitive interface.
  • Produces polished looking figures.
  • Ability to drag and drop tasks around.
  • Can't search easily within tasks.
  • Can't have a project based on 'weeks elapsed.'
Well suited as a superior product to replace MS Project.
Read Chris Drummond's full review
Nestor Guerrero | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2019

GanttPro a formidable solution for planning projects!

In FUDIS, a non-government organization based in Mexico, we are using GanttPRO to plan the activities within the organization. We just started and we need to efficiently use our time and resources. GanttPRO has been very helpful to plan, communicate, and track the projects we are working on. One of the functionalities we love is the link between tasks. Previous apps that we tried did not have this functionality.
  • Linking tasks, it is pretty powerful when you have long projects with multiple teams.
  • Exporting specific information criteria helps to communicate better with your team.
  • Undo functionality provides you the chance to discard a change.
  • It would be very nice if all of the costs within a project were shown at once.
  • A line in the timeline that indicates where today lies.
  • To select more than one row to copy tasks.
Good scenarios
  • Planning activities where people located in different cities or countries should collaborate.
  • Coordinating projects where people from different organizations are involved.
  • Tracking activities - it is essential to communicate among members.
Less appropriate scenarios
  • Using this tool as an instrument in meetings to discuss ideas.
  • To link the system with a payment tool once the task is done.
  • To arrange meetings using Zoom, Skype or other meeting software.
Read Nestor Guerrero's full review
Garrett Cornelius | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2019

Great for Teams!

Right now, I am using GanttPro for an Engineering class at my college. One of the main focuses of the class is team building and time management. For this upcoming project, we were asked to create a Gant chart to plot out every part of a 2-month project for 4 people. I found GanntPro and they just made it SO SIMPLE. It was way easier than some of the other Excel options. It was easy to understand and operate. I completed the entire chart in under an hour and it looks great. Not to mention you can export it to a .pdf form and it even allows you to inform your peers when their task is due. Super awesome and I support them. Great company, great layout, end of story.
  • Ease of use.
  • Proper layout and efficient use of space for formatting.
  • Team integration.
  • Exporting your chart.
  • Options for free access to students.
  • Seems a bit pricy considering plans are only annual.
  • I'd love to see some form of integration with Google Docs.
GanttPro is perfect for any group of people with a mission at hand that needs a way to plan efficiently and elegantly. Probably better for large projects with a decent group of people. If you have just two people for a short term project this may not be for you.
Read Garrett Cornelius's full review
nurul zayanah zolkafli | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 21, 2019

GanttPRO Review

GanttPRO has helped me a lot in organizing my tasks. I just need to follow those task to complete my work on time. It makes me be a more organized person. I decide to use GanttPRO for my upcoming projects. My department also has been using this software to organize their tasks.
  • Tasks get completed on time.
  • Makes a person more organized.
  • Simple is better.
  • Not so interactive.
  • Design.
It is more suitable for an IT developer or a Software engineering purpose. It is good for work planning and also suitable for students
Read nurul zayanah zolkafli's full review
Manoel Carvalho | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2019

Best project manager of the decade

The possibility of building the tasks in hours and not only and days can follow the progress more accurately. Making project progress more clear to managers. Thanks to the sharing of the project in URL we can involve the executors that use this resource as reference for progression of the tasks. In simple terms, we can include the level of Execution, Management and Direction in an uncomplicated way.
  • Basic learning curve fast, allowing easy identification of resources.
  • Sharing the project in a URL for evaluation is by far the feature that has made us invest time in learning the tool.
  • It is a WEB tool, but it does not seem to give the speed with which it loads and allows the operation. Even in precarious internet access conditions.
  • Reform project in our TV studio.
  • UHF Mobile Link deployment project.
  • CCTV Implantation Project.
Among all the evaluated solutions for project management GantPRO presented two important characteristics to decide to invest time in its learning. It allows you to design the tasks in hours and not only in days. For us, we have tight deadlines for delivery of TV scenario structures, it is important to be able to determine in how many hours the mobilization and demobilization of a scenario will happen. Sharing the project in a URL is something that facilitates the communication between the executors and the managers, for me that I operate as an intermediary is something fantastic, because it allows me to illustrate a simple way without red tape or to create accounts too much the progression of the actions. In short I did not find online tool better these days.
Read Manoel Carvalho's full review

Task Management (41)
Resource Management (37)
Gantt Charts (41)
Scheduling (40)
Workflow Automation (35)
Team Collaboration (35)
9.6
Support for Agile Methodology (33)
9.6
Support for Waterfall Methodology (30)
Budget and Expense Management (29)
9.7

About GanttPRO

GanttPRO is a project planning tool based on a Gantt chart approach. It visualizes all tasks along a timeline so managers and teams are able to have a full and easy-to-understand picture of projects.

In GanttPRO, users can:
- Create tasks with their start/end dates;
- Assign tasks, track their progress;
- Set project milestones for any crucial events;
- Organize work with deadlines;
- Create baselines to compare a current state of a chart with what was planned earlier;
- Manage resources;
- Collaborate with team members using comments and attachments, real-time notifications;
- Undo actions and restore charts;
- Share charts with public url;
- Export projects in popular formats;
- Import their projects from Excel and MS Projects;
- Set own schedules;
- Choose various skins for their charts, set different colors for their tasks, copy and paste tasks, and more.

GanttPRO Features

Has featureTeam Collaboration
Has featureSupport for Agile Methodology
Has featureSupport for Waterfall Methodology
Does not have featureDocument Management
Does not have featureEmail integration
Does not have featureMobile Access
Does not have featureTimesheet Tracking
Does not have featureChange request and Case Management
Has featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Does not have featureProject & financial reporting
Does not have featureIntegration with accounting software

GanttPRO Screenshots