The perfect construction add-in for DIY contractors
Overall Satisfaction with GeneralCOST Estimator for Excel
GeneralCOST Estimator for Excel is being used as the go-to Microsoft Excel-based project cost estimating tool within my organization. It is only being used within a single department within the company. To be frank, I don't believe this Excel add-in is appropriate or has the broad functionality required to be used across departments within the entire organization.
The business problem that is addressed by GeneralCost Estimator is a single, aggregated source location for cost data, modifiable overhead and applied profit, and summary and detailed reports that address both bills of material and quotations of price.
- Allows us to quickly bid on small projects
- Allows us to pay less for accounting / finance professionals
- Allows us to standardize our cost structure
- Microsoft Project and Sage Construction Estimator
Specific scenarios where GeneralCOST Estimator for Excel is well suited include:
- Small to medium sized contractor who typically works on small to medium sized projects with limited complexity
- Contractors who value low prices over full functionality (this software application is very affordably priced)
- A new contractor or new contracting accounting / finance professional who would appreciate the specific limitations imposed by the software
Specific scenarios where GeneralCOST Estimator for Excel is not well suited include:
- Larger contractors who think about and price projects in line with typical commercial design and construction
- Residential projects (the software is much better suited for commercial lease buildouts, for instance)
- A contractor whose finance department already uses full-suite accounting software