April 26, 2014
Statistical & Reporting Analyst
Connolly, LLCFinancial Services, 1001-5000 employees
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Gephi
I worked for a digital media startup doing political and consumer brand analysis. I used Gephi for network analysis of relationships between facebook and twitter users to do GOTV outreach. I am now in insurance recovery auditing and plan to use it for analysis of commonalities between patient pools and providers who overcharge for services.
- Define strength of relationships based on custom weighting variables.
- Common algorithms for defining connectedness
- Visualizations run on a spreadsheet-formatted table, which makes use more intuitive to non-programming experts
- Would like to see better documentation on the product in general.
- Make spreadsheet-based data backend more user friendly
- Better options for tailoring predefined algorithms.
- Needs to have direct hookup to live data sources (SQL server, Hadoop, Google Analytics, etc)
- Led to more accurate GOTV programs by visualizing social linkagers between potential voters.
Gephi is better than NodeXL. More robust and user-friendly, more options for adjusting visualizations. However, Excel is more convenient for most business analyst users and supported in most environments.
Open source, well maintained & updated, options for adding custom programming.