Overall Satisfaction with GFI Systems
GFI is a security suite that also does patch management. At our company, we used and tested this product in a proof of concept evaluation against many other similar products. Our company was mainly interested in its patch management capabilities that offers both agent and agentless scanning and deployments. At the end of the day, GFI is a great product that can suite companies in many different ways. For us, it offered too many things that we already had tools for. I believe any company that is looking for a full security suite tool kit would find this very useful, or for those who want everything in a single product.
- Security is their main focus and they do an excellent job providing users the ability to use all tools in one product.
- Their reports are very detailed and have the option to auto email key people with executive reports to keep track of vulnerabilities and patch status.
- Keeping costs low, no other company could offer as much as they do for everything they offer.
- Their agentless patch management could offer realtime status of when a patch fails, or completes.
- Their 3rd party patching inventory could be larger.
- Patches that are released should be vetted prior to release unless its a critical or important patch.
- GFI was on par with other patching software but offered more tools. In that, it was a great value.
- we chose a different software that was more inline with our needs, as we didn't need everything that GFI offered. GFI was our runner up.
- GFI gets the job done, there is no question about that. I would suggest any company to at least continue with a POC.
Of the two others in the list that we compared to GFI offers the same capabilities that the other two do but that it's also a security suite for the same price and product. The other two offer everything that GFI does but for a higher cost. Ivanti had a live update on the status of patch deployments which is something we wanted. Qualis does not offer agentless patching or scanning. We use Qualis for other purposes so it was considered.
The Support zteam for GFI was with us all the way through, and I believe that they had the best support team of all the products that we use and/or tested.
Do you think GFI Systems delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GFI Systems's feature set?
Did GFI Systems live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of GFI Systems go as expected?
Would you buy GFI Systems again?
When a company wants a single platform that handles all security scanning and evaluation. I would also suggest to a small to medium-sized company that wants a patch management and security vulnerability tool that isn't going to break the bank.