Overall Satisfaction with GoldMine
At PowerLung we use Goldmine as a remote application across the organization. This is the second company where I have chosen Goldmine as our central contact management system. Goldmine allows us to easily maintain records of conversations and transactions with prospects, customers, vendors, researchers and regulatory agencies. It provides excellent tracking and linking of emails as well as attached documents tied to the contact for sales and marketing, customer support, and purchasing. I can look at a contact record and see all communication and activity with that individual or company that is complete (history) or pending. Full reporting capabilities add additional benefit. While not a full project management system, the project and opportunity management portions provide an easy way to track steps. Establishing procedural scripts makes it easy to automate much of the daily email and or status update tasks. Having this level of detail has facilitated documentation for chargeback instances or as legal documentation. All this and we still are only at surface level. Everyone in our organization uses Goldmine for internal and external emails as well as scheduling and calendaring. It is our communications hub.
- Flexibility to use different views of the data very easily and establish functional views by user or department requirement.
- Ability to categorize contacts by group(s) or actually have them in separate databases.
- As much or as little automation as you wish to implement.
- We implemented Goldmine ourselves after making sure the Server Operating System was configured appropriately.
- Better integration with other packages. Specifically for us better, more flexible integration with QuickBooks Premier, Also integration with HubSpot.
- Updated web import to allow use of GoldMine as primary CRM and not rely on marketing tool implementation which does not integrate, automatically update or populate Goldmine.
- While Client Server implementation is probably adequate, we prefer the Remote App and that could use some work.
- Integration with Ring Central when running Goldmine as a Remote App.
- Documentation and easy access to documentation regarding a particular customer or contact.
- While utilities exist to re-align territories and other assignments in Goldmine they are not always well documented so even if you are savvy and want to implement some functions yourself you will likely need a VAR support person to do the job for you -- at least the first time.
- Typically, I have found support to be responsive and prompt. More importantly, even with drive failures, we rarely suffer any downtime with Goldmine.
I have used ACT and preferred Goldmine. I just find it's capabilities greater even if one does not use them all. Also, with it's own internal email system that make it possible to see emails, along with other interactions with a contact, even if the emails originally come from outlook. We don't even use Outlook because Goldmine's solution provides us what we need.
For small organizations it is simple to use the basic portions. It has it's own mail system as well as integrating with Outlook. If you are not yet ready to invest in an Inbound marketing solution or marketing campaign management software package or SaaS, Goldmine can do the job for you. Who in your area can help you implement the features you really want to use to get started and what is your plan for growth?