Solid at its core!
January 28, 2022
Solid at its core!
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Google ARCore
We used ARCore for developing AR mobile games, more specifically android mobile games. Our primary game development engine is Unity and ARCore has perfect integration with that. It's very easy to get up and running. Among different business problems that ARCore solves the top for me would have to be the demonstration of products to the user using AR. It raises sales and is very useful to convince users to click that buy button.
- It understands the surroundings very well as it maps it around the user.
- It understands the users' relative position in terms of the surroundings and tracks the users' movements.
- It can sense the surrounding lighting and overlay that on top of the AR objects to make it more immersive.
- Scanning objects can definitely be improved. It can take a long time to scan sometimes which is unfriendly to the user.
- Can benefit from vulkan rendering
- Scanning accuracy can be improved
- More features needed to be added like body tracking
- Unity game engine extension
- Positional awareness
- Surroundings scanning
- More sales
- More users want to try the technology
- Informed sales and happy customers
Vuforia Engine has limited functionalities compared to ARCore. It has image-based detection and augmentation which requires users to have the anchor image with them for the augmentation to properly occur. ARCore solves that and it's one step less to reach the user and really convince them to try it.
Do you think Google ARCore delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google ARCore's feature set?
Did Google ARCore live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google ARCore go as expected?
Would you buy Google ARCore again?
ARCore is well suited for demonstrating 3D objects on surfaces that could be used mostly in product sales, real estate. It can be used to measure objects or a room to make a 3D architectural model out of it, although it's not 100% accurate it can give a pretty good idea. It can be used for games and marketing reasons ARCore is less appropriate for human body tracking, occlusion, and large-scale augmentation where there needs to be a large-scale scanning.