Grow has been great for us
Gregory Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 01, 2017

Grow has been great for us

Overall Satisfaction with Grow

Grow is being used widely throughout our company. A big part of my role is to evangelize data-driven decision making across the organization, and Grow helps me do that by giving me a lot of flexibility in quickly setting up new metrics as well as in easily sharing the output with my colleagues to motivate their decision-making.
  • Ability to query an embedded SQLite database full of data integrated from disparate sources using a non-crippled version of SQL.
  • Ease of integration with cloud data sources.
  • Ease and flexibility in setting up charts from tabular data.
  • When data integrations perform poorly (e.g. not Grow's fault) it is hard to tell from the UI what operation I am waiting on and what the progress is. Furthermore, there is no way to manually cache/expire a big data pull that could be queried repeatedly after the fact while developing a metric. This can make developing new metrics against slower integrations somewhat frustrating.
I initially selected Grow because it was integrated with our CRM (ProsperWorks) and allowed me to use SQL to query that data. I've stuck with it because it supports many of the other data sources we are interested in pulling data from and gives us a lot of flexibility in doing so.
Grow has very good and fairly comprehensive built-in integrations. Those they didn't have, they have been very cooperative in adding. Furthermore, the integration with custom REST APIs has proved useful to work around any limitations in the built-in integrations.

Merging data from disparate sources is as easy as joining database tables using SQL, which for me is the killer feature.
It's very easy to invite users to our Grow dashboards and to control their access levels.
Grow is very well-suited for the power user that wants fine-grained control over their metrics and access to raw SQL. I think it might also be well-suited for other use cases as well but I can't speak to them. I wouldn't necessarily preclude it for non-power users, I just don't know based on my experience.

Grow.com Feature Ratings

Customizable dashboards
Report Formatting Templates
Formatting capabilities
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access