Overall Satisfaction with Hopin
We participate in an annual virtual conference and needed a solid platform to stream our program, for distribution to our clients. It had to be simple to use for us and our clients, no tech nightmares, and affordable. We did a fair amount of research, and Hopin checked off all the boxes we needed to get the job done.
- The conference interface is simple, yet gives the features that add value.
- Customer service and tech support is fast and efficient.
- They are aggressively improving the product.
- It's quality at an attractive price.
- In 2022, I plan to use more of the features. For now, it covers me with no complaints.
- The only issue I have is a small glitch. When setting up the date and time of an event, sometimes the system tells me that what I'm asking for is in the past. Maybe it's a timezone thing. Hopin support gave me the workaround. I set the date/time well into the future, and once the event is set up, I simply change the date/time to what I want. It was a 15-second fix. Other than this, these guys make it easy-peasy to do the tech setup for events.
- Before I discovered Hopin, I didn't have a way to get to my audience the way I needed to. Zoom or anything like it wasn't an option. I needed an affordable and secure method to deliver my programs. Hopin enabled me to get a positive ROI on my conferencing investment. First of all, it got me in the game, when I wasn't sure I would be able to. Second, the affordability added extra dollars to my profit. Third, and not a small issue, I've had excellent feedback from clients. They like the system and will not hesitate to work with me again.
Do you think Hopin delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Hopin's feature set?
Did Hopin live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Hopin go as expected?
Would you buy Hopin again?
I checked into GoToWebinar, Webex, Webinar Jam, and others. I have used two of those in the past, with varying degrees of success. With my current products, I needed to upgrade into a more full-fledged conferencing platform, one where I wasn't on the tech support line every day. Hopin was the answer.
There are huge event producers who require massive technical setups, and perhaps Hopin wouldn't fit the bill for them. I'm not sure. I've been an attendee of an event with some 6,000 active participants, and Hopin's infrastructure held up well. For people who don't have a technical staff to deal with all the details of putting together an event, Hopin is the answer for me.