Overall Satisfaction with HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
The HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage unit is our primary storage platform for our enterprise. We have two units, an HPE 7200, and an HPE 8200. The 8200 has a mix of Sata and SSD drives, which allows us the affordability of tiered storage. The SSD drives allow us to run our PRD SQL databases with no worries about disk latency.
- Ease of Management. The Web Interface to manage the units is a great asset and one that makes managing storage easy.
- The acquisition of Nimble allowed HPE to leverage InfoSite. InfoSite has the ability to use predictive analytics to not only alert us on issues but help resolve issues prior to them hitting an enterprise.
- At the present, I have not found any weaknesses in the 3PAR units we own. They fit the needs of our business.
- HPE 3 PAR has quickly proved its value to our organization. I cannot speak to ROI, but feel that it has quickly met the expectations of our organization.
- The 3PAR has allowed our organization to expand business due to its ability to be expanded with no downtime.
We evaluated the Nimble all-flash array as a competitor of the HPE 3PAR. During the evaluation, not only did the unit under-perform to the 3PAR, but Nimble was also acquired by HPE. We feel Nimble is a great product, but the 3PAR 8200 is a better fit in relation to our high-demand SQL environment.
With their phone home technology, we usually have a replacement part on its way by the time we wake up in the morning, or if the event occurs overnight. We have had great support when we had questions or events that required a call.
Do you think HPE 3PAR StoreServ delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with HPE 3PAR StoreServ's feature set?
Did HPE 3PAR StoreServ live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of HPE 3PAR StoreServ go as expected?
Would you buy HPE 3PAR StoreServ again?
HPE 3PAR is a medium to high-end SAN, which makes it a little costly. It is a definite advantage if it can be leveraged in high IOP scenarios, and even in DR scenarios where storage replication can be used to assist with disaster recovery. The unit is less appropriate to smaller shops where costs are prohibitive to business needs.