January 26, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with IBM Analytics Engine
I go to California state university, Los Angles for a master in information systems. Our computer science department uses IBM Analytics Engine along with the students to give them hands on experience with a real time tool. It works pretty great. I used IBM Analytics Engine to learn about Hadoop and soon will learn about Spark SQL and so on.
- Compact clusters. Via the trial versions that I use, I have a great insight of how different organizations create clusters and manage data
- Fast: the load time at registration is a bit slow. But after creating the first cluster, everything went way faster
- Realistic: hands on experience
- Reasonable cost
- Lagging at some point. Inconsistency in maintaining and running clusters.
- Should allow the cluster to last longer before refreshing
- It’s a bit confusing to navigate through the site. Sometime I thought I hit the right section then it lead me to another one.
- The log in page is inconsistent. I could find 3 different IBM log in page via Google. And then have to click many things that will lead to where I want.
- Increasing learning success. My class and I were able to practice real tools
- The only downsize is without the school, it would be unaffordable to use the tools
Our professor has worked with IBM And many major tech companies. He’d recommend us which tools to use. And comparing to Azure, IBM is more convenient to use.