IBM Analytics Engine is the Engine to Move our Data Analytics Forwardhttps://www.trustradius.com/hadoop-relatedIBM Analytics EngineUnspecified8.4251012018-12-31T19:29:11.962Z
December 31, 2018
IBM Analytics Engine is the Engine to Move our Data Analytics Forward
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with IBM Analytics Engine
IBM Analytics Engine is being used by my organization to analyze our data across multiple applications. We use it primarily to gather data to be used to analyze application performance and reliability. This data allows us to ensure that we are delivering the best possible application performance to our customers and business partners across all channels.
- We are able to build and deploy clusters within minutes to simplify user experience and increase scalability and reliability.
- We are able to scale and compute on-demand to handle newer workloads like machine learning.
- We really like that we are able to access and administer the application via multiple interfaces.
- Some of the documentation can be overwhelming and very technical. We would love to have some documentation written for non-technical people.
- We would like to see better communication from IBM regarding upgrades and patching cycles of the product.
- The learning curve for this product is steep. This is definitely not a product that will be used right out of the box.
- This product has allowed us to gather analytics data across multiple platforms so we can view and analyze the data from different workflows, all in one place.
- IBM Analytics has allowed us to scale on demand which allows us to capture more and more data, thus increasing our ROI.
- The convenience of the ability to access and administer the product via multiple interfaces has allowed our administrators to ensure that the application is making a positive ROI for our business users and partners.
We did an evaluation of Google Analytics and Microsoft Azure Stream Analytics in comparison to the IBM Analytics Engine product. We choose the product offering from IBM because we felt that for our company, this product offered a more complete and comprehensive package to satisfy our data analytics needs. We also appreciated that this product is coming from IBM, and we have a long-standing partnership with them and they have provided us with many valuable products and services over the years.
I think the IBM Analytics Engine is well suited for large corporations looking to increase their analytics game. This is truly an Enterprise product that can capture data across multiple workflows to help a business grab a hold of what's going on with their data. I don't feel that the IBM Analytics Engine is well-suited for smaller companies. The complexity is just to large to roll-out to a company that might not need all the power of this product.