Google Analytics Reviews

December 09, 2020
Ryan Sparks | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics is used on a team-specific basis rather than universally in our organization. The business problem [it] addresses is how to monitor how our applications are being used by our customers. We wanted to see clicks, page loads, and some feedback from our users and Google Analytics has helped us achieve that.
  • Website visitor count monitoring
  • Tracking user clicks
  • Tracking user demographics
  • Performance monitoring
  • Long term tracking
  • Website behavior tracking
Google Analytics is perfectly suited if you're wanting to track site usage on a visit-by-visit basis. It will easily show what items are clicked most on your site, as well as from what part of the country your users are from. A scenario where it may be less appropriate is if you're wanting to monitor website performance or long-term tracking.
Read Ryan Sparks's full review
July 28, 2020
Sarah Hoffman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics is one of the most sophisticated reporting tools on the market and the best part is that it's free. Our agency actively managers Google Ad campaigns for our clients (Search, Display, and YouTube TrueView), and as we build websites, we always install Google Analytics to start collecting data, which ultimately improves our campaigns. Google Analytics is seamless to install and integrates into our CRM. We're able to view our goal funnels, segment audiences, understand behavior flow, analytics site traffic, track events, and ultimately report on conversions. Conversion tracking reporting is a very powerful way to show ROI on ad spend (ROAS) and Google Ads conversion tracking through Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager helps us understand and improve our paid campaigns.
  • User Management (permissions are safe and secure across teams)
  • Real-Time Data (reporting is live and provides rich insights to site activity)
  • Custom UTM Parameters (ability to track and segment paid campaigns from Google Ads and Facebook Ads)
  • Conversion Tracking (easy to setup and analyze results)
  • Custom Views (customize the dashboard to your preference)
  • Multiple Properties (able to add more than one property to an account)
  • Facebook Ads Reporting (ability to segment by ad set and ad creative without the need for a custom UTM)
  • Better Google Data Studio templates for social media and conversion tracking
  • Better training tools and resources for beginners
  • Easier implementation with Google Tag Manager (no need for multiple code snippets)
Google Analytics is suited for
  • Advanced marketers who have experience running both paid and organic advertising campaigns
  • Web developers and strategists who need rich insights of website user behavior and activity
  • UX & UI professionals to improve website navigation and custom tracking
Not Suited for
  • Entry-level marketing beginners (take courses and learn use-cases for Google Analytics before diving in headfirst because it can be very overwhelming
  • Not a 100% reliable source of social media conversion tracking. Use Facebook Ads Manager for reporting instead.
  • Be careful not to install tracking pixels more than once if you're using e-commerce in order to avoid the pixel double-firing resulting in inaccurate reporting
The Google reps respond very quickly. However, sometimes they can overly call you to set up an apportionment. I'm very proficient and sometimes when I talk to reps, they give beginner tutorials and insights that are a waste of time. I wish Google would understand my level of expertise and assign me to a rep (long-term) that doesn't have to walk me through the basics.
Read Sarah Hoffman's full review
September 17, 2020
Currently, Google Analytics is used to track website activity such as session duration, pages per session, and the bounce rate of our corporate website, along with the information on the source of the traffic. It is also integrated with our Google Ads, which allows us to create and review our online campaigns. It allows us to create an integrated platform for us to manage our social and digital presence.
  • Very detailed analytics
  • Very easy to use
  • Great dashboard
  • Cost is reasonable
  • More integration with smaller social media platforms.
  • More learning and/or teaching videos.
  • Cost can easily add up.
Google Analytics is great if you ever want to track any stat regarding your online presence. Google Analytics analysis can help identify poorly performing pages with techniques such as where visitors came from, how long they stayed on the website, and their geographical position. With this data, you are able to modify your website's performance and ads in order to help gain more traffic on a page or site.
The support for Google Analytics is great! More likely than not, the Google support team will instantly assist with whatever issues you're having. If not, they will usually help you resolve your issue within the first 24 hours of contacting them. I have personally not run into an issue with their Support Team in which it took longer than 48 hours to solve.
July 21, 2020
Ian Messinger | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our marketing team relies on Google Analytics to measure activity on the Hibu Blog. Being able to see where our traffic is coming from and understanding how visitors engage with our blog content has been invaluable when it comes to planning, reviewing and optimizing our content strategy, and working toward future content and engagement plans.
  • GA makes it very simple to see what content on our blog is being viewed, and how users are finding it.
  • Being able to share access with internal and external partners makes getting someone outside our department "up to speed" much easier.
  • Comparing current data to other date ranges is incredibly simple to apply and visualize.
  • More on-screen tips would be nice (though it's hard to implement those without being intrusive).
GA has helped us get a better sense of what sources are driving traffic to our company blog — and what those visitors do when they arrive on the site (from time per post to navigation patterns to bounce rate).
We haven't had to reach out for support yet, but because it's such a universal platform, there are plenty of tips available online.
Read Ian Messinger's full review
March 24, 2020
Shashank Pathak | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Google Analytics for many of my clients' website traffic and customer behaviour. In our organization we are using Google Analytics for Google Ads statistics and it is also getting testing data to improve the ads for better results, reaching the targeted audience and best results for our clients.
  • It is a free and secure tool.
  • Easily understood by beginners.
  • Track many websites in a single dashboard.
  • Other Google products connectivity is very easy.
  • Placement on website is also very easy.
  • Missing some detailed tracking that Adobe Analytics has.
  • Event tracking is not easier.
  • Actual data is reflected in 2-3 days.
Google Analytics is best suited in a scenario where simple website traffic stats are required. But it is not suited for deep funnels and deep study of customer behaviour and complicated goal and event tracking, these are the main limitations of Google Analytics. But if you want to satisfy your clients without spending any extra cost it is very useful.
If you have any query or issues regarding features and working you can easily put your query on Google forums and get expert suggestions and help too. It is very easy to get updated notices and information about Google Analytics. There is also a certification for Google Analytics where you can learn basic and advanced feature of Google Analytics.
Read Shashank Pathak's full review
March 16, 2020
Sami Belgader | TrustRadius Reviewer
Best tool to analyze your website!
  • I think Google Analytics is one of the most useful tools that Google has provided us for reporting. Thanks to Google Analytics, we are able to recognize and act on our web site. Google Analytics provides us information about potential customers' visits and more detailed information about how we can reach new customers.
  • Tells us how often is the website is visited
  • Tells us where users are located
  • Tells us which pages are receiving more clicks
  • Tells us on what page users spend more time
  • Tells us what is the average time a user spends on our website
  • Tells us what are the actions that user takes on our website
  • Tells us whether the user is entering our website by using a mobile phone or a desktop computer
  • Time is very important for our website's potential visitors. It indicates whether the visitor has arrived by mistake or to inspect your website. It also shows how much time they spent on your page or product in detailed reports. This shows how much visitors are interested in which products you have. So, by moving the most visited product to the forefront, you can provide more indexing of Google Search engines and reach new potential customers. You can get information about which product results in higher rates by adding keywords to the product details.
  • It takes time to get used to the integration. Documentation is good but still, it should get better.
I am using Google Analytics for my personal websites. According to my experience, Google Analytics is the best and most professional tool to analyze your website traffic. I can easily see the number of queries, which keywords people are using, and how they can find my website pages. I can easily check on which search page my website is appearing. I have added a sitemap of my websites in Google Analytics, so my pages index quickly in the Google search engine. Whenever I add a new page or a new post or a new product on my website, I use the feature called (Fetch as Google) in Google Analytics. So my page, post, or product appears in the search engine within two to five minutes. Sometimes I also remove pages from my website, and then I also remove the page from my Google Analytics account, so the 404 error doesn't appear. So overall my experience with Google Analytics is really incredible and fabulous. The search engine optimization of my websites has been improved, and I can include or publish the data on my website according to the users' requirements.
Read Sami Belgader's full review
February 05, 2020
Denis Mutsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics is used daily by various departments of our company. Overall, Google Analytics is one of the best web if not the best web analytics tool out there on the market. It provides users with valuable data insights when it comes to measuring the overall performance of the website, specific landing pages, and behaviour of website visitors.
  • The most powerful web site analytics with alot of useful data
  • Easy integration with third party platforms e.g. Facebook and Google Ads
  • Very difficult to catch up with new features and updates
  • Lack of end user support
Whether you running a website for a minimal web presence or you're an e-commerce business relying heavily on the Internet as your primary sales channel Google Analytics will provide you all (or almost all) necessary tools and reports to analyze website performance and improve as necessary with the purpose to provide a better user experience.
One thing that I really don't like about Google Analytics is the absolute absence of customer support. While Google provides excellent support to their advertisers they absolutely do nothing to their Google Analytics customers unless you're paying premium prices for Google Data Studio.
Read Denis Mutsky's full review
December 06, 2019
Chris Elliott | TrustRadius Reviewer
Multiple departments across our organization use Google Analytics, though my team (Marketing) uses it most frequently. On our side of things, Google Analytics allows us to see how the marketing site is performing and how it may need to be optimized. Other teams have actually connected Google Analytics to our web-based product to get additional insights.
  • Google Analytics has the most powerful platform for gaining insights on website performance.
  • Google Analytics is integrated with the Google Ads platform.
  • Google Analytics is continually updating with new features and designs.
  • I like that Google Analytics is continually updating, but sometimes I get lost in the new UI or navigation.
  • It seems like there's just too much going on. It's powerful, but does anyone actually use ALL these features?
  • I wish Google Analytics had a built-in URL builder for campaign tracking.
Google Analytics is well-suited to anyone or any team that 1) has a web presence with associated business objectives and 2) has some amount of time to use the software on a regular basis—even one hour per week. It's difficult to jump in to Google Analytics periodically, but regular use will maximize ROI.
Google has great support articles, but is notorious for making it difficult to reach a real person when personalized helped is needed.
Read Chris Elliott's full review
December 04, 2019
Chike Igwegbe | TrustRadius Reviewer
We can literally track everything that happens on our website, from where the visitor originated from, the product they viewed, the product they purchased, everything!! We are able to track our customers, see the products they are interacting with; see our total sales over a period of time and all of this for free!!!
  • We can track the total purchases customers make on our website
  • We can track the origins from which our customers originate from
  • We can create goals and execute marketing campaigns
  • New features are being rolled out almost daily and it is very hard to catch up.
  • Integration of codes can be somewhat cumbersome if you are not a developer.
  • Would like to see real-time data showing what pages our customers are accessing etc.
If you need to access raw data on how your website functions and see how customers interact with your services or products then Google Analytics is the right choice and guess what? It is free!! As per where it is less appropriate, I don't think there is any [scenario] , as long as you own a website and want to access data then you need it.
It is the best out there, if you want a free solution for analytics then use it.
Read Chike Igwegbe's full review
November 29, 2019
Brandon Mitchell | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a marketing agency, we use Google Analytics as a secondary point of reference against our primary analytics provider, Adobe Analytics. We use it for select accounts by request, but we also use it so we can have conversions tracking in our paid search efforts in Google. It basically allows us to use specific bidding strategies based on conversions and is a free, relatively easy way to do so.
  • Easy to use and set-up.
  • Free platform.
  • Ties directly into words and Google tag manager.
  • Relatively easy to navigate - Great UI.
  • No real issues - Great platform.
Google Analytics is pretty much essential. This seems to be the Golden standard of tracking for most of our clients.
Support is 24/7 and resolves the issue fairly quickly.
Read Brandon Mitchell's full review
Kenny Madison | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics was used to give our clients the data they needed on the effectiveness of their websites. It would give us the data we needed to tweak campaigns and allow A/B split testing. We used it not just with our SEO efforts, but with PPC and a bit of basic design work as well.
  • Granular data. Analytics can pinpoint at what time, where, and who exactly was looking at your website.
  • Options. Analytics can help you create any time of data report you want.
  • Deployment. The code is easy to implement on the backend of any WordPress website.
  • It's not user-friendly. Any beginning user will be daunted by the lines, graphs, and amount of numbers it provides.
  • You can make the data spit out any result you want. For hucksters, this is great. The baseline for success can constantly be adjusted because there are so many options.
  • Opaque reporting. While you can get very granular reporting, keyword data is almost completely dried up.
It's the industry standard. I used other tools to help provide keyword data, but if you need to know traffic coming into your site on a budget, Analytics is your answer. This is a killer app for start-ups, but don't expect anyone to hold your hand to teach you how to use it.
Google provides this super product, but the best teaching for it comes from outside Google. That's absurd. I always felt insecure using the product. Our managers didn't rely on this product very much either, as the data would not necessarily reflect the success of the campaigns. It's so hard to use, despite it being a requirement for the SEO industry.
Read Kenny Madison's full review
Balaji Perumal | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used by the marketing team especially digital marketing professionals to get all metrics on traffic for our organization website. It's very useful (and free as well until reaching millions in traffic) to analyze overall website performance in all the digital marketing channels. As its a product of Google, I feel the data is accurate and trustworthy.
  • Custom segmentation.
  • Data visualization.
  • Identify the best and worst-performing pages.
  • Ecommerce features.
  • It's a bit hard to identify the middle part of the visitors' journey.
I would recommend Google Analytics to all the business owners who would like to run their business digitally, E-commerce startups (Giants should purchase GA Premium which is the cost of $150K/Year), all digital marketing professionals and people who take care of conversions for online businesses.
They have good customer support that always likes to solve and help our queries and problems. Usually, we will get a reply within 24 hours.
Read Balaji Perumal's full review
Mehdi Aherraki | TrustRadius Reviewer
We offer web and digital services to our clients so Google analytics is at the center of our offering it provides us with the necessary data for tracking on our websites and our client's website for a more effective SEO strategy development and also as part of our digital advertising campaigns.
  • It offers a clear and effective way to determine conversion rates for our websites and those of our clients.
  • Tracking of social media ROI (different campaigns all in one single dashboard).
  • Content Performance Analysis for a good SEO strategy building.
  • Tracking and organization of data by devices.
  • The feel of the platform can be overwhelming at first sight and the learning curve can be hard for a new user.
  • Absence of clear support.
  • Big price tag to move from the freemium GA to the premium service.
  • Absence of color customization for the platform (it can look more beautiful than this).
  1. Freemium and easy to start using it right away.
  2. Good determination conversion rate that helps develop a better marketing activities and campaigns.
  3. Social media tracking all in one place.
  4. Helps determine the monetary value of conversions for social media which is very helpful while working on campaigns.
Because it costs a lot ($150,000) to have good support for Google Analytics and in my opinion, not all agencies, freelancer or web agencies can afford an annual price tag like this.
Read Mehdi Aherraki's full review
October 28, 2019
rohit sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using Google Analytics to measure how our website is performing on Google. I am the part of the marketing team and we use this tool in our department to evaluate how our social campaigns and keywords that we are focusing on how they are performing on the search. Also, we can set up goals and conversions.
  • Measure website traffic.
  • It also helps to set up goals and conversions and observes how our marketing campaigns are performing.
  • Evaluate the performance of social media compaigns.
  • Sometimes there is redundancy in the data.
  • Also, it should provide more comprehensive reporting.
  • The user interface can be improved.
This tool is best for evaluating the web traffic and understand the demographics and source of where the traffic is coming from.
I talked to them twice when I was facing a problem in understanding how to set up sales funnel and they resolved the problem.
Read rohit sharma's full review
October 24, 2019
Heather Robinette, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics is used to understand our website traffic and help measure our marketing efforts. We will look at Google Analytics, but we also have it linked to a few tools that help combine it with other information to make it even more valuable. The product is mainly used by our marketing team and in general, it helps us with our marketing efforts and the investment we make into marketing.
  • It provides great insights into your website analytics.
  • It has a mass amount of data it provides you that can truly change how you look at your marketing efforts.
  • It has a large number of views and reports you can use to look at the data in different ways.
  • While it has a lot to offer, it can be overwhelming sometimes. I'd love to get weekly or monthly emails with tips or stories of how other similar businesses use it.
  • I wish you there some type of limited access to the organic search so you could at least see some of it versus needing to have the premium version.
  • I wish there was an easier way to build reports. I've tested it out, but have found more success in just using other reports that have already been created.
Google Analytics is suited for any business of any size that wants to gain insights into their website traffic and data. Any company could find value in the information that is provided by Google Analytics. We are a small company, but I've worked for larger companies where this can be the case as well. Especially if you have access to the Premium version, it can be even more valuable.
I've only reached out one time with a question, but it was answered promptly and quickly resolved my issue. I've had a good experience overall with Google Analytics and many times can find the answer on my own before even needing to contact support. That said, when I did, it was a good experience!
Read Heather Robinette, MBA's full review
Lindsay Halsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics is our go-to tool for web analytics. It is free, powerful, and insightful. We install Google Analytics on all of our client's websites. The whole organization uses Google Analytics, our sales team, account managers, and customers. Google Analytics gives you the data you need to make informed decisions about your marketing.
  • Robust data.
  • Easy to use, yet powerful.
  • Continually evolving and improving.
  • Data overload - It can be easy to spend hours in Google Analytics without walking away with insights that lead to action.
Google Analytics is well suited for marketing teams.
Google doesn't offer much support, but the documentation is good.
Read Lindsay Halsey's full review
Adam Hatfield | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics is the cornerstone of our web analytics. We use it to monitor our web sites performance and gain insights around past performance and future opportunities. It is used by our digital and marketing teams. The key use case for it is viewing aggregate web data across a variety of dimensions.
  • Aggregates web data
  • Highly performant data capture
  • High availability and uptime
  • Getting more targeted in segmenting users
  • Integrating other data sources to web activity
  • Seeing actual search terms for organic traffic
Google Analytics is well suited when you are looking for a high-quality web analytics platform. Through a really basic integration (1 line of code) it is possible to get a very feature-rich web analytics platform that allows you to analyze, interrogate and report on your web activity. One thing holding it back is if you need to see activity, at the level of the individual, Google Analytics is not well suited for this.
Google analytics support for the free version is basically self-service. Fortunately, there is a lot of support online and a wealth of knowledge for common issues or problems. In addition, you are able to purchase support through agencies or consultancies. I am sure if we moved to the paid version of Google Analytics the support would be good.
Read Adam Hatfield's full review
Meredith Lea Barber | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to track our website stats and conversion rates on our landing pages. It is mainly used by the marketing department especially between demand gen and digital teams. It helps us find what is important to our users and how they are using our site and landing pages.
  • User-friendly
  • Beautiful charts
  • Sometimes it is hard to find the info on the dashboard.
It is super easy to get all the website views and conversion rates. It helps us figure out the areas that are doing well and areas that need to be improved. It doesn't help detect broken links or anything but it does a great job of tracking the flow of data.
I've used them a couple of times, but they have an excellent community and resource library that people can use as a reference. I use that more than I use the actual support team at Google.
Read Meredith Lea Barber's full review
October 16, 2019
Dan Hanna | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, we use Google Analytics to monitor all of the traffic that visits our website. We are able to view all of the sources that send traffic our way. Also, it is helpful to learn about the users who come across our website. The breakdown that Google Analytics gives us is by far superior to anything else we have used that is on the market.
  • The software tracks exactly where every user is sent from whether it is a Google search or social media.
  • The data that Google Analytics gathers from each user is detrimental to the success of our business. It offers unique incite from each user in regard to demographics.
  • It makes it super simple to find out what demographic we need to spend our resources on retargeting.
  • There was a bit of a learning curve to implement the software on our website.
  • Some of the reporting functions can be difficult for a novice employee.
  • There can be a small lag when trying to run larger reports.
We use Google Analytics every day to track everything about our website users. From what source each person comes from, to all of the demographics about each user. We then take it a step further to see what "user" is buying our product and then replicate that customer in targeting new business.
This rating is based mostly on the support tutorials that are available to help with reporting and use of the software. I have only had to contact their customer support department one time in the past, and I was extremely satisfied with the experience. I am satisfied overall with their support service.
Read Dan Hanna's full review
October 15, 2019
Rigel Cable | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics (standard) is a robust package for free usage. It's essential for any business that is not investing in a major paid platform (like Premium). About 10% of my clients use Google Analytics standard instead of a premium or paid analytics platform.
  • Comprehensive reporting
  • Easy implementation
  • Clean and easy-to-use reports
  • Ability to integrate with other platforms for enhanced use like Google Cloud Platform
  • Sampled data (unlike Premium)
I typically recommend Google Analytics Premium or Google 360 to clients, especially at an Enterprise level. For small businesses or fledgling eCommerce sites, Google Analytics (standard) is just fine.
Even less than Google Analytics Premium or Google 360, Google Analytics (free version) does not come with account management or support from Google. You're on your own! But the online resources and community forums are a great place to get questions answered and have a large depth of information including around coding.
Read Rigel Cable's full review
September 17, 2019
Sanjit Mandal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for a lot of stuff:
  • Checking from there traffic is coming from
  • Top landing pages
  • Top exit pages
  • Time on site/page
  • Conversions
  • Creating reports
  • Audience insights
  • Desktop/Mobile visits, and much more!
For a free tool, this is outstanding. You can give users access to see this as well. Really understanding what a business needs, and then pairing Google Analytics to help support those goals is the best way to use it. Otherwise, you will spend countless hours in Google Analytics and not have any actionable tasks.
  • Free
  • Easy to read reports
  • Detailed web analytics
  • Integrated with Google AdWords
  • Social media traffic analytics
  • Data overload
  • Conversions and goals are tricky to setup
  • Integrate it with Google Search Consoles into one interface
For a free tool where you can see everything, from where traffic is coming to how they are interacting on your website, it's the best! Everyone should go through some hours (spaced out) and learn more about Google Analytics and make it work for their business.
There is no phone support, but you can email, look up how to do everything in their help center, and also go on YouTube and see their videos. Many others have created videos on how to use it, setup goals, conversions, and much more. The overview videos from Google is great to begin with.
Read Sanjit Mandal's full review
September 16, 2019
Jonghee Jo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics is being used mainly in the Digital Analytics organization. We are using Google Analytics to report and analyze website traffic and conversion data. Also, we are using Google Analytics to inspect bot traffic patterns.
  • Visualizing traffic patterns.
  • Showing website data in an organized way.
  • Very easy installation.
  • It is missing drag-and-drop-type data analysis functionality.
  • Its tagging structure is not very sophisticated.
  • It does not provide in-depth technical support from Google.
Google Analytics is more suitable for small and medium-sized companies with a limited analytics budget. It can be very easily installed and managed with little IT support. Large companies (Like Fortune 500 size) would be better using a more robust solution like Adobe Analytics.
Google Analytics does not have a dedicated Support team. We had to use 3rd-party companies for Google Analytics technical support. However, we understand the support issue since we are not paying any money for support.
Read Jonghee Jo's full review
September 15, 2019
Christopher Paul | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics is a great tool shared between our IT and marketing departments at our college. Google Analytics allows us to collect data that can provide important insights about the visitors to our school site. The data is being used extensively to take important decision for our marketing department on who to target while doing the marketing campaigns.
  • Easy to use and doesn't require a lot of training
  • Provide useful data
  • Data is easily accessible and provides great insights
  • Page specific data
  • Nice reporting system
  • Might not be suitable for people without a good amount of technical knowledge
  • Not flexible for integration with other apps
Very suitable for collecting data on a specific webpage. For example, we try to see what the departments we have at the school that the students visit most. From there we can collect data and know how to improve and promote other departments. Very useful for targeting our marketing campaigns.
Google Analytics is a great source that our department counts on for data collection and tracking visitors. It has a great reporting system and provides us with all the data that we need.
Read Christopher Paul's full review
September 12, 2019
John Kobel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google Analytics is used by our company to track the website traffic and conversions for our clients' websites. We also use it to track the effectiveness of our clients' ad spend in Google Ads to maintain a high level of ROI for our clients. Additionally, Google Analytics allows us to optimize our clients' digital advertising dollars so they can effectively spend money in the right places across today's complex digital universe.
  • Tracks website traffic and measures that traffic to the source of the traffic.
  • also measures audience activity once they arrive on a client's website.
  • can track conversions in whatever that measurement might be and the source of those conversions.
  • Training is on your own unless you want to pay a third party vendor for training.
  • although they do offer certification classes, they are not a good reflection of real-world situations.
  • Communication has decreased considerably since Google has gone public. The Help Desk is now outsourced to another country where English is not the first language spoken and the support team is not that well versed in the details of Google Analytics.
If you run a website for your business, you absolutely need Google Analytics to track the activity on your website. You need to know where traffic is coming from so you can make timely corrective actions to improve your marketing efforts for your website. You cannot effectively manage a website in today's complex digital environment without the detailed level of information that Google Analytics can provide. But, be prepared for the steep learning curve you will encounter once you begin using GA.
the Help files are extensive for Google Analytics, but the amount of information also makes it cumbersome to find the answer to the specific question you need answered. As I mentioned before, Phone Support used to be American based and the support staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. But ever since Google went public, their focus has been on the bottom line and customer service and phone support has diminished in quality.
Read John Kobel's full review
September 12, 2019
Matthew Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Google Analytics to track the usage of our website, the SEO keywords analysis, and traffic behaviors to understand where people are being directed from. With google analytics were able to better position keyword strategies, understand what marketing to invest in and where the conversions are coming from. Google Analytics is constantly coming out with new features to help understand our site traffic.
  • Site analytics.
  • User behaviors.
  • Conversion analytics.
  • Recommended dashboards.
  • Recommendations for traffic.
  • More detailed analysis of traffic.
Google Analytics is perfect for anyone looking for analytics for their website. It provides traffic information, demographic analysis, conversion analytics, user behaviors, audience, geographic information, etc. Everything you need to analyze to get more traffic to the site through SEO keywords and marketing analysis. Additionally, there's benchmarking, cross-device analysis, and everything you need to get started to get more traffic!
Great support by google and a great community. Easy to troubleshoot issues, additionally great manuals to optimize and get the most out of the product.
Read Matthew Harris's full review

What is Google Analytics?

Google Analytics is perhaps the best-known web analytics product and, as a free product, it has massive adoption. Although it lacks some enterprise-level features compared to its competitors in the space, the launch of the paid Google Analytics Premium edition seems likely to close the gap.

Google Analytics Video