Overall Satisfaction with IBM Cloud Internet Services
I am testing it. Building backup servers and clients and virtual tape libraries on both x86 and ppc infrastructures.
- build servers in Power PC architecture (ppc)
- take advantage of IBM datacenters infrastructure around the world
- continue to use your apps running on AIX
- browser interface. a little slow and not many features as Azure has
- better information displayed on web interface. sometimes it does not return an error when it does not create the service.
- current ibm i OS images are not the lastest (not all fixes and patches are applied)
Do you think IBM Cloud Internet Services delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with IBM Cloud Internet Services's feature set?
Did IBM Cloud Internet Services live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of IBM Cloud Internet Services go as expected?
Would you buy IBM Cloud Internet Services again?
- no significant impact
- but a valued option if you need to run IBM I servers or other OS on PPC architecture
- there are competitors with better interface
IBM Cloud difference is the ability to use PPC hardware and to use IBM I operating system. Other cloud providers have a better interface and features for regular unix/windows vms.