Overall Satisfaction with IBM Cloud Virtual Servers
IBM Cloud Virtual Servers is mainly being used to take the computing load for our advanced financial forecasting and modeling. We use this when running data reports that have a high CPU load. We have found this fits our needs as we do not have the scope to purchase our own servers and IBM cloud allows us to manage the cost of our package subject to our requirements.
- The flexibility of the packages available is great. We can choose just what we need almost on a case by case basis.
- Price structure is very clear and easy to understand.
- To date the uptime on the servers has been second to none.
- The UI of the control panel can take some getting used to.
- User documentation could be expanded.
- Access to servers with massive amounts of computing power has allowed us to expand our data modeling beyond our expectations.
This model of pricing has been perfect for us. As a smaller company there is not always the demand for us to run at full capacity. The services we need are available when we need them but we are able to dial back when they are not required, saving us a lot of expense.
At the current moment in time, we have not needed to make use of this feature but we are pleased that this is a feature that is available to us as we scale.
We have found IBM Cloud Virtual Servers is great for modeling that is heavy on CPU, as a smaller company the way we are able to tailor our package is perfect, and having the ability to dial in large amounts of computing power has really helped us expand our data modeling and financial forecasting. Without which we would not be able to keep up with bigger companies within this field.