User Review: "What is IBM Notes doing?"https://www.trustradius.com/collaborationIBM NotesUnspecified6.9631012014-02-06T23:27:42.875Z
I have worked with Lotus Notes and Domino since 1996 from Version 4, 5, 6.5, 8.0 and 8.5, but my last couple of projects all are migrations from Lotus Notes/Domino to Exchange Server. Some companies still only keep Domino/Notes applications. Regarding the business problems, I don't think have any technical issues, but sales and marketing issues.
- Fifteen years ago, IBM Notes was the best email platform in the world, both client side and server side. Even the Server application and email box, can be accessed it from the Lotus Notes client and web browser.
- IBM Notes is good for user management, database management and server management
- Server controller, certificate authority, replica and administration process are also strengths.
- IBM should release new version for Notes with new functionality in every couple of years, instead focus in project and out-sourcing
- Many companies/organizations have already moved the email platform from Domino/Notes to Exchange/Outlook; some smaller companies moved to the cloud,.
Since companies started to moved their email systems to the Exchange platform and the cloud, we are unable to find any new projects with IBM Notes, the marketing share and software price is another issue, so we have to move to another platform.