September 26, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with IBM Storwize V7000
The generation 2 version has high compression capacity, and it has dedicated PCI just to address the compression. Also, the external virtualization feature protects the customer's previous investment in storage equipment.
- Cluster capacity of 4 controllers with up to 128 GB Cache each
- Storage synchronous and asynchronous replication.
- Streched cluster
- As it uses pool of Mdisks (array) by type of disk, the CPU cores are shared between pools
- On the previous generation (gen1) all compression was done by processor so performance suffered
- You can add an expansion, on the fly, as growth requires it, by adding 24 or 12 disk option enclosures.