A great piece of software for creating and tracking templated interactive content
September 19, 2019

Overall Satisfaction with ion interactive, by ScribbleLive

The marketing department uses Ion new content creation. We use Ion to measure engagement with our content, make our content more dynamic and targeted, and improve the content we offer through A/B testing. It can be tricky to measure how well a piece of content meets our audience's needs, switching from static PDFs to Ion has been very helpful in this respect.
  • The online chat support is very well done. Every time I've had a question or hit a roadblock, the chat has answered my question quickly
  • The quick start templates are extremely helpful, especially as a starting point which are then customized.
  • I wish it was easier to access the training videos. A lot of the "how-to" information is in those videos rather than the support documents, but you have to request access to the training videos which are then only accessible within a specific timeframe.
  • Version control (which I believe is coming) and/or locking a creative would be very helpful, especially as more than 1 person edits a creative during the content creation process.
  • We've been able to measure engagement within content published on Ion that shows that people who interact with the content are more likely to reach the end of the content and more likely to convert.
We've used a couple of the resource library tile quick starts. We have one piece of content with a landing page that links to 3 resource libraries, which let's us measure the relative popularity of the topics as well as serve up the resource libraries. We were also able to incorporate lightboxes into the resource libraries which was helpful.
We are using a short whitepaper quick start which is going well. We customized it to remove some of the default movement on the page to tone it down a little, but it was great to have everything there as an option. We incorporated Flow elements at the bottom of each page that acted as a single question quiz.
We've been able to try out new content formats significantly quicker and with much less effort than we would have been able to without Ion. We have also had an easier time with translating content since it doesn't have to go through the graphic designer with access to an InDesign file.
We have been using Ion as a step in a buyers journey workflow, so often the steps move from Ad to Ion Content to Our Website. For this reason, I needed to make sure I preserved tracking originally on ads through Ion content, to our website. I was trying to append URLs in a way that would pass a query string along and was struggling to make it work. I opened a chat query and within 10 minutes I had the answer I was looking for, implemented.
I haven't had a lot of experience with templated CMS systems and was not involved in the original selection, though I was part of the renewal discussions. Most of the templates I've used have been html and created in house on an as-needed bases.
If you want to choose a quick start template and fill in the fields with your content, Ion will be fantastic for you. We've done this with whitepapers and quizzes and it's been great and extremely easy to use.

If you have an exact idea of what you want, and a background in web development, you may get frustrated. Ion has some quirks that make it tricky to fully customize - everyone once in a while I really just want to go into the HTML and make some changes, but can't.

If you are looking to reuse a piece of content for specific targeting (industry or account-specific), Ion is great. The dynamic substitutions are great and very helpful.

Ion, by Rock Content Feature Ratings