February 22, 2018
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with ITProTV
ITProTV is really an incredible platform. I'd heard of them in advertisements on a number of podcasts I listen to so when my supervisor mentioned she was looking into cost effective training for our team I mentioned ITProTV right away. I've been throughly impressed with the amount and caliber of the the content provided by ITProTV again and again over the past year. The videos are truly fun and engaging and the hosts aren't simply reading off a power point slide. Additionally, although the videos are divided by topic/content area, they are split into ~30min. chunks so you can watch a video in one sitting without having to commit too much time. The navigation and UI is very well thought out though I wouldn't mind having a more responsive search feature. ITProTV really does cover just about everything an IT team could want from entry-level hardware/software topics and technologies to advanced certification training. The business plan (which our team has as opposed to the individual plan) also includes Transcender practice tests. My supervisor can see how much (or how little) I'm using the platform which allows her to justify the purchase as a budget item or decide to allocate monetary resources elsewhere.
- Amount and quality of content is great, plus the instructors are entertaining
- The user interface is easy to navigate and the videos can be streamed to just about any platform
- The Transcender practice tests in the subscription plan we have are practically worth the price of admission
- The search feature is good but not great
- I'd like to see more content on Enterprise technologies like Splunk, Ansible, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, etc. Some of these are prohibitively expensive to get and use in a test environment or have a notoriously steep learning curve. Sifting through online documentation is probably the least engaging and useful way to learn about them as well.
- I'd like to see even more content geared toward cyber security. This is a huge and growing field, but the amount of content currently on ITProTV for cube sec is relatively small in relation to the other content they currently have.
- I've literally watched content on ITProTV and then been able to use that knowledge on the job within a few days to help solve a problem or at the very least get started moving in the right direction to begin solving the problem.
- It can be difficult to make time to watch the content consistently with busy schedules and deadlines. As mentioned previously, if the content isn't being viewed with some level of frequency then it really negates the ROI that a team will reap.
- More knowledgable employees = better service to your customers
ITProTV is GREAT for smaller teams looking for a cost effective solution to help their team members skill-up and stay up-to-date on current tech and certifications. It's equally good for larger teams who wish to have a ready available resource for their team members to access and train. The ability to stream to multiple platforms (desktop/laptop, mobile, smartTV, etc.) means that you can access the content anywhere. If a team is only acessing the content infrequently or doesn't need the Transcender practice tests then an individual plan may be best. If there is only one technology that a team is focusing on (Apple certification, MCSA certification, etc.) then this may not be the most cost effective solution.