Reviews (1-14 of 14)
- Videos are clear and concise. I also love the length of them as they are "bitesize" chunks. The transcripts being provided is also a very good feature.
- The lecturer (Wes Bryan) also seems knowledgeable but also very down to earth, which makes listening to him easy and fun.
- The practise labs are very well documented and easy to follow.
- Videos can sometimes seem a little quiet across the board on the desktop version, mobile version volume is fine however. The desktop site's help button can also be a little obstructive and it would be a nice feature if the course list scrolled independently of the main window.
- The mobile web version tends to crash when the videos are placed into full screen mode. I have noticed this on my Android running v8.1.0
- The labs (as far as I can see) do not support a copy/paste feature; this means exercises that require powershell scripts need them to be typed manually each time.
- Amount and quality of content is great, plus the instructors are entertaining
- The user interface is easy to navigate and the videos can be streamed to just about any platform
- The Transcender practice tests in the subscription plan we have are practically worth the price of admission
- The search feature is good but not great
- I'd like to see more content on Enterprise technologies like Splunk, Ansible, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, etc. Some of these are prohibitively expensive to get and use in a test environment or have a notoriously steep learning curve. Sifting through online documentation is probably the least engaging and useful way to learn about them as well.
- I'd like to see even more content geared toward cyber security. This is a huge and growing field, but the amount of content currently on ITProTV for cube sec is relatively small in relation to the other content they currently have.
- The content isn't dry. There is a good balance of humor and training and is more engaging than other options.
- Work at your own pace is great! I would never be able to dedicate multiple days for training, so ITProTV helps me get a few episodes of training in per week and on my own schedule.
- The content offerings are great. It isn't just Comptia or ISC. LSS, GIAC, Cisco, Microsoft, and many other vendors are used which makes this a powerful tool for a wide scope of training needs.
- The labs are fantastic. Other trainings might speak in theory about how things will look on the screen, but being able to fire up a VM and click on changes is a key part of the learning process.
- The episode download feature could use a little work (speaking about the Android experience). When you download the episode, you need to go to downloaded in ITProTV instead of just playing on the normal episode content screen. It works well for what it is, but it would be nice to have the downloaded content play straight from the episode screen.
- I've had a few little issues with the Roku. It works great, but there have been a couple times when I needed to contact support because the Roku kept saying I wasn't a subscriber. The problem mostly resolved itself, but I still occasionally get the message. It isn't a huge deal since I can still access the content on Android or through a web browser.
- I would like to see an al la carte for school education. Currently, we must contact a sales rep for one-off trainings, like A+, Network+, etc. (the sales reps are phenomenal... so that isn't much of an issue!)
Overall the training format and tools that they provide makes them immensely helpful and an extremely good value. Add that to the constantly updated and expanding selection of topics they cover makes it a one-stop-shop for anyone wanting to learn the many aspects of the IT industry.
ITProTV --> Simply no better way to brush up on old skills or learn some new ones.
- Training videos broken down into reasonable times to make it easier to fit them into an already busy day
- Transcripts --> sometimes it is more than a little helpful to quickly scan back through a transcript for a bit of information rather than trying to scrub through the video to find it
- The Practice Labs and Exams --> this alone is incredibly helpful and would cost quite a bit if purchased on their own.
- It would be nice if you were alerted to new a newer version or added content to a course you have already gone through. For example I started CEH v8 and CEH v9 came out while I was halfway through, I only noticed it when I was looking at what other EC-Council courses where available
- My only complaint about the web-interface is the way you transparently get logged out after a period of inactivity --> I agree with the practice, I just wish that they would refresh the page so you could see you were logged instead of the video starting to play then hanging. Please note, I am reaching for things to complain about, this is really a MINOR issue at best
- Content explained clearly.
- Topics are not rushed, but yet explained clearly in each short video
- Topics broken down into logical order
- Only complaint and which keeps me from giving a 10 rating is that I like to watch the videos on a TV. And only Amazon Firestick and Apple TV apps are supported at this time. I think a compatible Android TV app is needed.
- Great virtual lab environments
- Comprehensive breakdowns on practice tests
- Helpful video courses available on the website and mobile app
- Some of the practice tests have missing text in the questions and answers.
- Some of the functionality in the virtual labs do not work.
- There are many options for classes. I like that I can study for certifications and that I can brush up on individual technical skills when random issues arise.
- I like that the class atmosphere is detailed but also starts general leaving it open for all levels.
- I do not have any cons to report.
- I advise ALL of my students to take advantage of the training that ITPro TV provides. Although some might view another trainer as competition, I view them as complementary. I assign ITProTV as "Home Work". I used the term "Home Work" because ITPro TV reinforces the work we perform in instructor led classes.
- They cover the three (3) legs of training. Videos, Test Banks, and Labs. Their videos are unique in that they are discussions between SME's (two trainers). Their Test Banks use the best of breed "Just Like the Test" exams. And again the Labs they use are also best inbreed, what you need to be able to do performance labs.
- I advise my students with thin job experience to list thier labs as experience because the fact is you did perform the activity. I also advise my students to build labs on thier own laptops and take them with them on interviews for "show and tell".
- None, But I do love the podcast and new email
- Practice labs
- Practice exams
- Multiple multimedia outputs for various learning methods
- On demand access for timing
- The sessions are lengthy 30-60 minutes in duration. For those with ADD taking frequent breaks might make more sense.
- Q/A features to administrative staff relating to subject matter might be helpful, or have it highlighted better on the site.
- Keeps my staff up to date on testing and processes for certification.
- Allows me to use the App to watch or listen to programs on my phone.
- Has great customer support for when we have issues and problems.
- The length of programs is too long.
- Better notices for incomplete classes or session.
- Live sessions are interactive.
- Recorded sessions are downloadable making them portable when wifi is not available (air travel).
- The staff is very responsive for technical questions as well as site questions.
- No ideas - I like what makes ITPROtv unique.
- The online training videos are easy to follow and understand and broken into categories.
- The Supervisor portal allows a leader to keep tabs on usage.
- There are more training subjects than I expected which allows team members to to branch into areas they find interesting and keep learning.
- I believe they were a bit behind on some subjects, one of my staff mentioned they were hoping to see the latest SQL that has just released, but that was not available yet.
- I have used other IT learning services, but the material was dry. I can tell the presenters really care about IT and helping people learn.
- The training has a good mixture of explanation, theory, and showing screenshots/demonstrations.
- The format for finding the right training material by vendor or exam is very easy. The content layout makes sense and makes navigation a breeze.
- Nothing to suggest yet in my experience so far.
- Teaches IT subjects based on certification goals
- Incorporates lecture and visual components to address different learning preferences
- ITPROTV is always open to client suggestions for new training courses
- ITProTV needs to improve technical equipment and network infrastructure in order to avoid business outages.
Less Appropriate: Programming training
ITProTV Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
ITProTV offers training and course library content for IT that aims to be entertaining and engaging, as well as educational. According to the vendor, the training is more like a talk show: users watch an ‘edutainer’ engage with a host and an online audience to create a better-than classroom experience that the vendor calls "binge-worthy learning".
Fresh new content is added every day and the course library of more than 3,300 hours covering all of the major certification courses (e.g. CompTIA, Microsoft, Amazon, ITIL, Apple, Ciso, GIAC, EC-Council) and non-certified courses (e.g. general tech skills, Linux, Admin, CyberSec) to keep your team's skills fresh. Learn wherever you go - from your desktop, tablet, smartphone or Fire TV, Roku and Apple TV. Keep up with the latest in technology with our constantly expanding course library, plus virtual labs and practice exams.
ITProTV serves organizations of all sizes and across a variety of sectors, including federal, state, local government and education. A supervisor portal allows IT leads to see a roll-up of all training and prove the ROI of your training program. Individual memberships are also available.
Corporate memberships are available. Individual memberships are monthly or annual.
ITProTV Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||10%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
ITProTV Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ITProTV Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|