https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/vO/9d/6MDM4VKZGB71.pngITProTV ReviewITProTV is really an incredible platform. I'd heard of them in advertisements on a number of podcasts I listen to so when my supervisor mentioned she was looking into cost effective training for our team I mentioned ITProTV right away. I've been throughly impressed with the amount and caliber of the the content provided by ITProTV again and again over the past year. The videos are truly fun and engaging and the hosts aren't simply reading off a power point slide. Additionally, although the videos are divided by topic/content area, they are split into ~30min. chunks so you can watch a video in one sitting without having to commit too much time. The navigation and UI is very well thought out though I wouldn't mind having a more responsive search feature. ITProTV really does cover just about everything an IT team could want from entry-level hardware/software topics and technologies to advanced certification training. The business plan (which our team has as opposed to the individual plan) also includes Transcender practice tests. My supervisor can see how much (or how little) I'm using the platform which allows her to justify the purchase as a budget item or decide to allocate monetary resources elsewhere.,Amount and quality of content is great, plus the instructors are entertaining The user interface is easy to navigate and the videos can be streamed to just about any platform The Transcender practice tests in the subscription plan we have are practically worth the price of admission,The search feature is good but not great I'd like to see more content on Enterprise technologies like Splunk, Ansible, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, etc. Some of these are prohibitively expensive to get and use in a test environment or have a notoriously steep learning curve. Sifting through online documentation is probably the least engaging and useful way to learn about them as well. I'd like to see even more content geared toward cyber security. This is a huge and growing field, but the amount of content currently on ITProTV for cube sec is relatively small in relation to the other content they currently have.,10,I've literally watched content on ITProTV and then been able to use that knowledge on the job within a few days to help solve a problem or at the very least get started moving in the right direction to begin solving the problem. It can be difficult to make time to watch the content consistently with busy schedules and deadlines. As mentioned previously, if the content isn't being viewed with some level of frequency then it really negates the ROI that a team will reap. More knowledgable employees = better service to your customersITProTV... a Training No-BrainerWe use ITProTV in the Technology Department. It helps solve the problem of training. It is difficult to plan specific training days and we now have the flexibility to train when we need to and train on the topics that we need. I use ITProTV myself for project management training and higher level training and my team members use it for training specific to their duties.,The content isn't dry. There is a good balance of humor and training and is more engaging than other options. Work at your own pace is great! I would never be able to dedicate multiple days for training, so ITProTV helps me get a few episodes of training in per week and on my own schedule. The content offerings are great. It isn't just Comptia or ISC. LSS, GIAC, Cisco, Microsoft, and many other vendors are used which makes this a powerful tool for a wide scope of training needs. The labs are fantastic. Other trainings might speak in theory about how things will look on the screen, but being able to fire up a VM and click on changes is a key part of the learning process.,The episode download feature could use a little work (speaking about the Android experience). When you download the episode, you need to go to downloaded in ITProTV instead of just playing on the normal episode content screen. It works well for what it is, but it would be nice to have the downloaded content play straight from the episode screen. I've had a few little issues with the Roku. It works great, but there have been a couple times when I needed to contact support because the Roku kept saying I wasn't a subscriber. The problem mostly resolved itself, but I still occasionally get the message. It isn't a huge deal since I can still access the content on Android or through a web browser. I would like to see an al la carte for school education. Currently, we must contact a sales rep for one-off trainings, like A+, Network+, etc. (the sales reps are phenomenal... so that isn't much of an issue!),9,I don't have to wonder if a technician has access to the training they need, I can simply look it up, assign them the training, and follow up with them after training is complete. Teamwork has much improved. We are sharpening each other and demonstrating what we've learned to each other. As far as business objectives go, our team is aligning itself with the business goals of education. With this alignment, we are discovering what it takes to deliver value to our customers/students. In our case, this means IT can't be just about fixing issues, we must understand business impact. The trainings on ITProTV often refer to how changes affect the users and this is so important in our field. My team is moving faster than ever before. If I tallied the consulting expense of the changes we have made on our own, ITProTV probably would have paid for itself in the first 30 days.,,NAKIVO Backup & Replication, Freshdesk,3,3,Flexibility in training and episodes Watch it when you need it! Searchable content! Even the transcripts are searchable! Fun! Great humor and personalities making watching the training very easy and engaging.,We have migrated to Windows 2016 ActiveDirectory from 2008 AD thanks to some episodes that deal directly with this issue. We were able to implement PKI (public key infrastructure) over the course of 1 day (I was able to have their training up, perform tasks, pause video, do the next tasks... etc). The training was spot on and I replicated the process just as they did in the training! We were able to get proactive with some monitoring and I needed some training on packet capture (Wireshark) and was able to find exactly what I needed when I needed it!,Putting technicians on a training path. Allowing students to take A+ Certification class. Associate unresolved tickets to the training necessary to improve the organization,10,9,Yes,Their team is rock solid. I was blown away when one of their techs, during a chat, was able to resolve an issue for me with a series I was trying to pull up on the Roku. I totally thought I was chatting with a bot, but the technician, Jessica, kept with the issue to make sure it was resolved and resolved to my satisfaction. Their team is amazing!Awesome Fountain of KnowledgeI personally have leveraged ITProTV not only to stay current on required CPEs but to kickstart my Certified Ethical Hacker training. Overall the training format and tools that they provide makes them immensely helpful and an extremely good value. Add that to the constantly updated and expanding selection of topics they cover makes it a one-stop-shop for anyone wanting to learn the many aspects of the IT industry. ITProTV --> Simply no better way to brush up on old skills or learn some new ones.,Training videos broken down into reasonable times to make it easier to fit them into an already busy day Transcripts --> sometimes it is more than a little helpful to quickly scan back through a transcript for a bit of information rather than trying to scrub through the video to find it The Practice Labs and Exams --> this alone is incredibly helpful and would cost quite a bit if purchased on their own.,It would be nice if you were alerted to new a newer version or added content to a course you have already gone through. For example I started CEH v8 and CEH v9 came out while I was halfway through, I only noticed it when I was looking at what other EC-Council courses where available My only complaint about the web-interface is the way you transparently get logged out after a period of inactivity --> I agree with the practice, I just wish that they would refresh the page so you could see you were logged instead of the video starting to play then hanging. Please note, I am reaching for things to complain about, this is really a MINOR issue at best,10,In my field of work you can never have too many skills so I am quite happy with this investment in both time and money Every certification you or your staff have makes your apparent value to your customers growGreat ResourceSelf-study program for individuals preparing to sit IT exams. People are able to study at own pace and rewatch videos for review. They are also able to take practice exams and utilize online labs.,Content explained clearly. Topics are not rushed, but yet explained clearly in each short video Topics broken down into logical order,Only complaint and which keeps me from giving a 10 rating is that I like to watch the videos on a TV. And only Amazon Firestick and Apple TV apps are supported at this time. I think a compatible Android TV app is needed.,9,Learning knowledge to feel confident in sitting for exam.,CourseraITProTV is a great learning tool...It is being used by the IT department to broaden knowledge and certify engineers.,Great virtual lab environments Comprehensive breakdowns on practice tests Helpful video courses available on the website and mobile app,Some of the practice tests have missing text in the questions and answers. Some of the functionality in the virtual labs do not work.,8
ITProTV

ITProTV Reviews

ITProTV
Top Rated Award
Filter 27 vetted ITProTV reviews and ratings
John-David Sayle profile photo
February 22, 2018

"ITProTV Review"

• Amount and quality of content is great, plus the instructors are entertaining
  • The user interface is easy to navigate and the videos can be streamed to just about any platform
  • The Transcender practice tests in the subscription plan we have are practically worth the price of admission
  • The search feature is good but not great
  • I'd like to see more content on Enterprise technologies like Splunk, Ansible, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, etc. Some of these are prohibitively expensive to get and use in a test environment or have a notoriously steep learning curve. Sifting through online documentation is probably the least engaging and useful way to learn about them as well.
  • I'd like to see even more content geared toward cyber security. This is a huge and growing field, but the amount of content currently on ITProTV for cube sec is relatively small in relation to the other content they currently have.
ITProTV is GREAT for smaller teams looking for a cost effective solution to help their team members skill-up and stay up-to-date on current tech and certifications. It's equally good for larger teams who wish to have a ready available resource for their team members to access and train. The ability to stream to multiple platforms (desktop/laptop, mobile, smartTV, etc.) means that you can access the content anywhere. If a team is only acessing the content infrequently or doesn't need the Transcender practice tests then an individual plan may be best. If there is only one technology that a team is focusing on (Apple certification, MCSA certification, etc.) then this may not be the most cost effective solution.
Read John-David Sayle's full review
Dana Morrison profile photo
February 20, 2018

User Review: "ITProTV... a Training No-Brainer"

• The content isn't dry. There is a good balance of humor and training and is more engaging than other options.
  • Work at your own pace is great! I would never be able to dedicate multiple days for training, so ITProTV helps me get a few episodes of training in per week and on my own schedule.
  • The content offerings are great. It isn't just Comptia or ISC. LSS, GIAC, Cisco, Microsoft, and many other vendors are used which makes this a powerful tool for a wide scope of training needs.
  • The labs are fantastic. Other trainings might speak in theory about how things will look on the screen, but being able to fire up a VM and click on changes is a key part of the learning process.
  • The episode download feature could use a little work (speaking about the Android experience). When you download the episode, you need to go to downloaded in ITProTV instead of just playing on the normal episode content screen. It works well for what it is, but it would be nice to have the downloaded content play straight from the episode screen.
  • I've had a few little issues with the Roku. It works great, but there have been a couple times when I needed to contact support because the Roku kept saying I wasn't a subscriber. The problem mostly resolved itself, but I still occasionally get the message. It isn't a huge deal since I can still access the content on Android or through a web browser.
  • I would like to see an al la carte for school education. Currently, we must contact a sales rep for one-off trainings, like A+, Network+, etc. (the sales reps are phenomenal... so that isn't much of an issue!)
My team and I love the ITProTV subscription, but I do understand that some hands-on people might be challenged when the content doesn't include labs. Not everything has labs and that's ok by me. For those that need flexible training and access to Transcender practice tests... this is a no-brainer.
Read Dana Morrison's full review
Charles Morgan profile photo
February 15, 2018

ITProTV Review: "Awesome Fountain of Knowledge"

• Training videos broken down into reasonable times to make it easier to fit them into an already busy day
  • Transcripts --> sometimes it is more than a little helpful to quickly scan back through a transcript for a bit of information rather than trying to scrub through the video to find it
  • The Practice Labs and Exams --> this alone is incredibly helpful and would cost quite a bit if purchased on their own.
  • It would be nice if you were alerted to new a newer version or added content to a course you have already gone through. For example I started CEH v8 and CEH v9 came out while I was halfway through, I only noticed it when I was looking at what other EC-Council courses where available
  • My only complaint about the web-interface is the way you transparently get logged out after a period of inactivity --> I agree with the practice, I just wish that they would refresh the page so you could see you were logged instead of the video starting to play then hanging. Please note, I am reaching for things to complain about, this is really a MINOR issue at best
ITProTV is really good at giving a good intro to the material and helping you to identify which areas you need to do a deep-dive on, however it will take more self-study for most of the certification paths. If you have an office that always has "something" playing in the background, ITProTV's Live Stream is a great way to fill the vacuum and you might be surprised how many times you might pick up a new bit of knowledge incidentally!
Read Charles Morgan's full review
Swango Mike profile photo
March 30, 2018

ITProTV Review: "Great Resource"

• Content explained clearly.
  • Topics are not rushed, but yet explained clearly in each short video
  • Topics broken down into logical order
  • Only complaint and which keeps me from giving a 10 rating is that I like to watch the videos on a TV. And only Amazon Firestick and Apple TV apps are supported at this time. I think a compatible Android TV app is needed.
Well suited for people studying for exams, but not if you wish to watch videos on a bigger screen.
Read Swango Mike's full review
Alexander John profile photo
February 14, 2018

User Review: "ITProTV is a great learning tool..."

• Great virtual lab environments
  • Comprehensive breakdowns on practice tests
  • Helpful video courses available on the website and mobile app
  • Some of the practice tests have missing text in the questions and answers.
  • Some of the functionality in the virtual labs do not work.
ITProTV is well suited to providing more knowledge and skills to users in order for them to pass exams and gain experience with various technology through the use of the virtual lab environment. The site is very convenient, as I can save time by not having to create my own virtual environment.
Read Alexander John's full review
M. Shane Dixon profile photo
February 01, 2018

User Review: "ITProTV is awesome!"

ITProTV is being used by the IT department in our organization for training. We have a wide range of experience so the training helps new employees as well as more advanced employees.
  • There are many options for classes. I like that I can study for certifications and that I can brush up on individual technical skills when random issues arise.
  • I like that the class atmosphere is detailed but also starts general leaving it open for all levels.
  • I do not have any cons to report.
Having worked on both the internet provider and internet customer side, I can say that understanding all the terminology and how it works together helps. It may seem repetitive but I would recommend a little more description on how technology interacts and define terms that may be not fully understood.
Read M. Shane Dixon's full review
Dennis Hunter profile photo
January 29, 2018

ITProTV Review: "Labs ARE experience ..."

I was an IT Instructor for a "For Profit" IT Training program. Also, I am an IT Instructor for a public Community College, and I am now a product management consultant for a large company that also provides IT certification. As such I have been able to view the cert game from the inside and the outside.
  • I advise ALL of my students to take advantage of the training that ITPro TV provides. Although some might view another trainer as competition, I view them as complementary. I assign ITProTV as "Home Work". I used the term "Home Work" because ITPro TV reinforces the work we perform in instructor led classes.
  • They cover the three (3) legs of training. Videos, Test Banks, and Labs. Their videos are unique in that they are discussions between SME's (two trainers). Their Test Banks use the best of breed "Just Like the Test" exams. And again the Labs they use are also best inbreed, what you need to be able to do performance labs.
  • I advise my students with thin job experience to list thier labs as experience because the fact is you did perform the activity. I also advise my students to build labs on thier own laptops and take them with them on interviews for "show and tell".
  • None, But I do love the podcast and new email
ITProTV is useful in so many ways.
Read Dennis Hunter's full review
Doug Gabbard profile photo
January 12, 2018

ITProTV Review: "Best of the best and constantly updating"

ITPROtv was beneficial for me passing certification exams.
  • Live sessions are interactive.
  • Recorded sessions are downloadable making them portable when wifi is not available (air travel).
  • The staff is very responsive for technical questions as well as site questions.
  • No ideas - I like what makes ITPROtv unique.
Great for individual and team collaboration to learn.
Read Doug Gabbard's full review
Jim Weigle profile photo
January 11, 2018

User Review: "ITProTV"

We have a team of about 35 tech professionals which can be a bit pricey when looking for training options. The cost for 1 person going to a Microsoft class for PowerShell was crazy. ITProTV has all the training in videos that are easy to follow and learn from at a fraction of the cost! and that's just the beginning , I have techs learning networking, Linux, EH, and working on their Windows certifications. As a supervisor I can see who is using the system and how much they are using it.
  • The online training videos are easy to follow and understand and broken into categories.
  • The Supervisor portal allows a leader to keep tabs on usage.
  • There are more training subjects than I expected which allows team members to to branch into areas they find interesting and keep learning.
  • I believe they were a bit behind on some subjects, one of my staff mentioned they were hoping to see the latest SQL that has just released, but that was not available yet.
We have ITProTv accounts for all of our desktop support staff, I believe if you work in a technical field this is well suited. I imagine if you are the top person in your field you may be disappointed, but as I mentioned before there are so many other training videos you can always find something new to learn about.
Read Jim Weigle's full review
George Schneider profile photo
January 09, 2018

ITProTV Review: "ITProvTV is like Netflix and chill for IT binge learning."

I am not sure if ITProTV has been implemented across the company. I have coworkers that use it and have heard great things. I decided to subscribe to the monthly premium subscription to better prepare for IT exams, certification, and the labs that they offer.
  • I have used other IT learning services, but the material was dry. I can tell the presenters really care about IT and helping people learn.
  • The training has a good mixture of explanation, theory, and showing screenshots/demonstrations.
  • The format for finding the right training material by vendor or exam is very easy. The content layout makes sense and makes navigation a breeze.
  • Nothing to suggest yet in my experience so far.
If you like to learn by visual and demonstration, ITProTV is a perfect mix. It is good for entry level to the more advanced technical experience. If you are looking for more coding or software development related training, there are other programs that are more suitable that I have found in my experience. I have worked in the infrastructure and help desk/system admin side of the house.
Read George Schneider's full review
Alexander Perrigo profile photo
March 05, 2018

User Review: "ITProTv is awesome!"

My organization is not currently using ITProTV. I've been using it to further my own education and personal development.
  • Practice labs
  • Practice exams
  • Multiple multimedia outputs for various learning methods
  • On demand access for timing
  • The sessions are lengthy 30-60 minutes in duration. For those with ADD taking frequent breaks might make more sense.
  • Q/A features to administrative staff relating to subject matter might be helpful, or have it highlighted better on the site.
Well suited for learning job functions that can be applied to the real world directly from objectives. It is a lot harder to apply learning when your focus isn't on what you are studying.
Read Alexander Perrigo's full review
Jim Barber profile photo
February 22, 2018

ITProTV Review: "Good Stuff"

We are using this program to train the IT staff. This provides us with the opportunity to keep our staff informed and broaden our understanding of new concepts.
  • Keeps my staff up to date on testing and processes for certification.
  • Allows me to use the App to watch or listen to programs on my phone.
  • Has great customer support for when we have issues and problems.
  • The length of programs is too long.
  • Better notices for incomplete classes or session.
This is great for people to use at home or on the road. If you can't afford to send someone to a Windows 2016 server class for a week, this is very good test prep.
Read Jim Barber's full review
Robert Gulledge profile photo
December 13, 2017

ITProTV: "Bob Gulledge Review"

Being used by myself at home to stay proficient in computer subjects. Previously used across the whole organization as a formal training tool for attaining Comptia A+ certification.
  • Teaches IT subjects based on certification goals
  • Incorporates lecture and visual components to address different learning preferences
  • ITPROTV is always open to client suggestions for new training courses
  • ITProTV needs to improve technical equipment and network infrastructure in order to avoid business outages.
Well suited: Comptia and Microsoft certification training. Linux training.
Less Appropriate: Programming training
Read Robert Gulledge's full review

About ITProTV

ITProTV offers training and course library content for IT that aims to be entertaining and engaging, as well as educational. According to the vendor, the training is more like a talk show: users watch an ‘edutainer’ engage with a host and an online audience to create a better-than classroom experience that the vendor calls "binge-worthy learning".

Fresh new content is added every day and the course library of more than 3,300 hours covering all of the major certification courses (e.g. CompTIA, Microsoft, Amazon, ITIL, Apple, Ciso, GIAC, EC-Council) and non-certified courses (e.g. general tech skills, Linux, Admin, CyberSec) to keep your team's skills fresh. Learn wherever you go - from your desktop, tablet, smartphone or Fire TV, Roku and Apple TV. Keep up with the latest in technology with our constantly expanding course library, plus virtual labs and practice exams.

ITProTV serves organizations of all sizes and across a variety of sectors, including federal, state, local government and education. A supervisor portal allows IT leads to see a roll-up of all training and prove the ROI of your training program. Individual memberships are also available.

ITProTV Features

Has featureUnique, two-host format creates an interactive environment
Has featureTraining that's entertaining - it's binge-worthy learning
Has featureVirtual labs and Practice exams available
Has featureCorporate plans. Individual monthly and annual plans.

ITProTV Screenshots

ITProTV Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Corporate memberships are available. Individual memberships are monthly or annual.

ITProTV Customer Size Distribution