Overall Satisfaction with Ivanti Service Manager (powered by Heat)
Ivanti Service Manager is used by our internal facing customer service departments such as IT and facilities. All departments use the software as end users and it is used to manage projects, tickets, and work order requests. We are also doing some automation work such as AD account provisioning and reoccurring tasks such as air filter replacements or other timed maintenance needs.
- Self service portal allows for users to enter their own data anytime
- Reminders keep priority issues remembered and focused on
- Automation abilities do exist. We provision AD accounts based on HR information.
- Automation could be a little more built in and accessibility
- Managing service requests and incidents are two separate areas
- Project management is the weakest of the 3 tenants
- Issues are not forgotten like emails and a ticket has to be resolved to close
- Issues are all documented again unlike email
- Cost is reasonable for the benefit provided.
It is very well suited for break/fix and service requests. Both of these are handled very well and allow for catalogs to help categorize and sort end user requests automatically. The project management is not well suited and other products do it better for sure. It can be used but again others are better.