Jadu CMS Review`
July 07, 2015
Jadu CMS Review`
Score 9 out of 10
- XForms Pro
Overall Satisfaction with Jadu CMS
We are using Jadu for the core CMS of our public-facing website. In addition, it also serves as a portal for our current and prospective students. We are also using the XFormsPro Module (sold separately) to collect information from our users and automatically store it in our Oracle database. The Jadu CMS has become the center focal point for pretty much any web-based development we do.
- Reliability. The LAMP-powered server/software rarely has any problems and can handle hundreds of concurrent users without issue. It was developed with scalability in mind.
- Ease of Use. Our users find the backend GUI very easy to use. The layout is intuitive and follows the same format throughout the entire control panel.
- Powerful. Even if it doesn't do something you would like it to out of the box, the code is well formatted and easy to customize.
- Bugs. We seem to run in to random bugs quite often and find it odd that nobody else has reported them yet. More extensive testing might be helpful before releasing versions/patches.
- Authentication. It would be nice to see Single Sign-On added to both the front end and administrator panel. Almost all higher education schools are using some sort of SSO, in particular, CAS.
- Support. The support team is fantastic, but sometimes we find ourselves waiting several days for a response to an issue we are having.
- More modern design compared to our old website software solution.
- Much easier to navigate and find content, as well as searching.
- More reliable and efficient in terms of server resources.
The power of Jadu is incomparable. The set of features provided by alternative solutions like Drupal just don't stand up to Jadu. Jadu is continuously working on development and adding new tools. They even recently started releasing bi-weekly updates. We find it to be perfect for managing large websites, even if you have thousands of pages.