Overall Satisfaction with Jolt
We use Jolt in the restaurant to ensure food safety and quality. Jolt has given us the ability to establish standardized process checklists for pre-opening readiness, mid-day operational audits, and end-of-day closing tasks. These checklists have empowered our Team Members to carryout each required task on their own, enables Front-Line Leaders to perform daily operational checks, and allows the Management Team to pulse processes at anytime to ensure compliance. We also heavily utilize the label feature of Jolt which allows our team to keep track of critical dates and times to ensure our products are served safely and are always fresh. The convenience of printing from any remote location to a centralized printer in the kitchen has enabled our team to fully embrace this process.
- Timely reminders of when checklists need to be executed; The team is alerted audibly and visually when checklists are coming due or when they are past due.
- Customized text message confirmations when audits are completed/incomplete; This feedback closes the loop with the Management Team confirming the status of the required daily checklists/audits.
- Documented proof of completion through photos; Checklist questions/items can be setup to require photos to be taken as visual evidence that a task was completed. This adds a check-and-balance feature that deters pencil whipping tasks and eases the burden on the Management Team when it comes to auditing compliance and driving accountability.
- Remote printing from any device setup with Jolt; We have iPads throughout the restaurant communicating real-time information with various functions within the store. It is very convenient when a Team Member in one department can print on the device in front of them, while calling out to another Team Member to retrieve labels from the printer when on their way to assist with a job function.
- We would love to see a "favorites" icon that can be enabled for any label. We have dozens of labels specific to products/processes that are grouped within a multitude of categories. If one is not familiar with which category a label is stored, it requires the use of the search function in Jolt (which is definitely a nice feature and great time saver). However, we were able to create a category called "favorites" and duplicated our frequently used labels into this location for ease of access.
- Clearly established expectations.
- Ownership of processes by Team Members as they are prideful when being in compliance.
- Empowerment of Team Members to keep themselves and coworkers in adherence to process.
- Team collaboration and unity; no more "that's day-turn's responsibility" or "the closing team was supposed to address that."
Do you think Jolt delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Jolt's feature set?
Did Jolt live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Jolt go as expected?
Would you buy Jolt again?
Our team faced two major challenges prior to Jolt: staffing and disciplined execution. The labor market has been challenging in finding enough individuals to service the demand created by our guests. We had been running extremely lean and our fear was creating turnover due to burnout. When we stepped back to look at where our efforts were being placed daily, we found that a lot of the frustrations and fatigue could be mitigated via ownership and accountability of key processes. The checklists established clear expectations with the team and ensured process adherence consistency. Jolt has clearly had a beneficial impact on our team since implementation.