Good for some but not all!
Updated July 26, 2016
Good for some but not all!
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Kenexa
We were using Kenexa as our applicant tracking system. HR and Hiring Managers was the user population that had involvement with using the system. The system is robust and had many good features from a recruiting perspective but did not integrate easily with out current HCM system so we ended up going away from it and using a different system. The mobile capabilities of the system were subpar at best which was another problem for us since we are a sales based organization.
- The system is intutive and easy for the recruiters to manager through reqs and candidates.
- The system has Gobal language capabilities.
- The sytem has integration posibilites with many different background vendors such as HireRight, and Talentwise.
- Kenexa does not integrate with other HCM's easily such as Workday.
- The support for Kenexa is not very good at all. It takes a long time to get tickets resolved and their tier one staff is not very knowledgeable.
- Their Social Source product was a waste of money. It is very time consuming for recruiters to manage.
- One positive is the reporting feature and being able to pull OFCCP reports easily.
- One negative is we failed internal audits because we were not integrated with our current HCM and there was not a smooth data flow all the way until the candidate was hired.
- We did like that the recruiters could source out of the system.
I have used PeopleSoft eRecruit which was horrible and didn't give the recruiters the ability to source for candidates inside the system. We just implemented Workday Recruit in the last month and it has many functionality deficincies right now but it is a new product and they are working diligently to improve the system. In the end it will be a better system because of the mobile functionality and the fact that is one system with our HCM will help us in the long run.
It think as an overall applicant tracking system Kenexa is a good tool. If you need to integrate with another platform I would not recommend it. Also I would also do a deep dive with an implementation consultant before purchasing to see if it will actually work for your business. The sales people sometimes give a false sense of what the system can really do and are not upfront about all the add ons that cost extra money. In other words some people pay for a Pinto but expect a Mercedes Benz to be implemented because the sales team snowed them a little bit through the sales process.
Evaluating Kenexa and Competitors
- Vendor implemented
- Professional services company
Yes - Phase 1 which was most of the design and development and then phase 2 which incorporated the languages and the integrations.
Change management was a major issue with the implementation - We did not do this piece well. We had a rushed go live date and this was one piece that suffered.
There Tier 1 support is not knowledgable and things that should take less than 1 day can take 3-4 weeks to get resolved.
Problems left unsolved
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Support doesn't seem to care
Slow Initial Response
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using