A Very Good New PDF Product
Updated January 04, 2022
A Very Good New PDF Product
Attorney and Professor
Law Office of James FineLaw Practice, 1-10 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Power PDF Advanced
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
I use Kofax for my law practice and my law teaching. I use it to flatten and file documents with the Federal and state court systems and I use it to save important Word documents that I don't want to be altered. I also use it to send sensitive information to clients and students so that, again, it is in my original document.
- I can add comments and fill in fillable PDFs using the typewriter.
- It is easy to change fonts and font size when necessary.
- Highlighting and bookmarking are very easy.
- I had to experiment a bit to make the documents searchable.
- It looks like there is a "note" created when I highlight. I also would like to more easily change highlight colors.
It is relatively easy to use. I have used Adobe for years and I teach 7 litigation software programs so I was able to transition to Kofax without much trouble. Most of the operations are intuitive.
I've tried to make inquiries for operations and navigation problems I was experiencing and didn't get much of a response. I'm able to figure out my issues but it would have been better to have a person to talk with.
Do you think Tungsten Power PDF delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Tungsten Power PDF's feature set?
Did Tungsten Power PDF live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Tungsten Power PDF go as expected?
Would you buy Tungsten Power PDF again?
As mentioned, I have enjoyed the editing features and the ability to write comments and fill in forms. I also have found the graphics and searching very helpful when trying to find a certain part of a transcript or a document I'm preparing for an exhibit set or a deposition abstract.
Using Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
1 - Use it for creating and filing documents in both state and federal courts. Use it to create documents from Word in teaching Continuing Legal Education and paralegal student course.
- Saving documents for court filings
- Creating documents which cannot be altered
- Grading and commenting on student projects
- Ease of using the typewriter to comment and edit vs. other PDF programs
- Ease of making bookmarks, highlighting, and copying text
Evaluating Kofax Power PDF and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
I teach paralegal students and Kofax is one of the programs they will have access to when they go for E-Discovery certification.
Kofax Power PDF Support
Problems left unsolved
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Support doesn't seem to care
Slow Initial Response