Overall Satisfaction with Lifesize Video Conferencing
My only suggestion is to have backup Lifelink cables in stock. This is the one part that we have worn out a few times due to end user wear and tear. These cables are proprietary but easy to replace.
LifeSize is being used across our entire organization. We use Lifesize Video Conferencing units in nearly every one of our meeting rooms. We also use the LifeSize Cloud client on every employee's laptop as a standard. We use the platform for our weekly all-hands meetings as well as for nearly every inter-office meeting. We have 9 locations globally and the reliability is markedly better than anything we have used.
- We particularly like using the VMR (Virtual Meeting Rooms). This allow us to have people dial into meetings regardless of location or booked room. The VMR allows the moderator to mute anyone, control the presentation, and allows others to join without interrupting.
- Another great feature of LifeSize is the Cloud client that you can run on your laptop or smart phone.
- LifeSize allows SIP phone integration and dialing. We have a SIP phone number assigned to most of our conference rooms using LifeSize units. This allows for direct dialing of the units as if they were another office phone.
- Over the last few years we have seen LifeSize deal with some growing pains and the roll out of new features and patches to older versions. We have seen constant improvement with the product over this time.
- One of the issues we used to have was with poor call quality while using the Cloud app on laptops. This issue was worked on by their engineers with our feedback and we were able to isolate some issues, find some best practices to mitigate the issue until there was a long term fix, and finally though the resolution.
- When issues are encountered, the team at LifeSize is always receptive and helpful.
Lifesize is the best video conferencing solution we have ever used here at SurveyMonkey. I would highly recommend them if you are serious about your video conferencing needs. We compared them to other top tier products, such as Cisco's video conferencing solutions. It is a highly reliable and easy to configure system that is comparable in price to other top tier players. The mobile client is a great feature.