Lifesize [Video Conferencing] is very useful from daily meetings to the yearly webinar.
- Lifesize [Video Conferencing] full set up is …
Desktop sharing (157)
High quality video (160)
High quality audio (162)
Low bandwidth requirements (152)
$12.95 per user/month
$14.95 per user/month
$16.95 per user/month
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Some key features include:
- Interoperable cloud video offering
- Integrated, plug-and-play H D camera systems and HD phones for every room with automatic software updates
- Consistent experience across devices
- Search-based directory with name-based dialing
- Instant and scheduled meetings
- Schedule meetings from Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook
- One-on-one and group calls
- One-on-one chat and group chat in a meeting room
- Share your desktop or a specific application
- Up to 50 live participants in HD video
- Unlimited audio-only calls included for users and guests in more than 50 countries
- Record and share video calls instantly with Lifesize Cloud Amplify
- Skype for Business support
- Web-based app support via our Lifesize Cloud Web App
- Desktop app support
- Mobile app support
- Supported: High quality audio
- Supported: High quality video
- Supported: Low bandwidth requirements
- Supported: Chrome compatible
- Supported: IE compatible
- Supported: Available for OS X
- Supported: Available for Windows
- Supported: Desktop sharing
- Supported: Application sharing
- Supported: Scheduling
- Supported: Calendar integration
- Supported: Meeting initiation
- Supported: End meetings
- Supported: Record meetings / events
- Supported: Dial-in attendance
- Supported: Online attendance
- Supported: Mute
- Supported: Slideshows
- Supported: International calling
- Supported: Multiple webcam streams
- Supported: Live chat
- Supported: Q&A
- Supported: Participant roles & permissions
- Supported: Participant list
- Supported: Meet anyone over video anytime, anywhere
- Supported: Record and share instantly
- Supported: Continue the conversation after the meeting via one-on-one and group chat in a meeting room
- Supported: Invite guests for free
- Supported: Pairs with award-winning Lifesize Icon conference room systems
- Supported: Experience Lifesize Cloud with a free 14-day trial
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||Americas, EMEA, APAC|
|Supported Languages||English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Japanese|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lifesize Video Conferencing offers some easy controls and anyone can use it
- The software is affordable
- The quality of audio and video is outstanding
- Supports a large number of participants
- In the simplest form of Video Conferencing, they work for small meetings
- In some of the newer models, the video quality is pretty darn good if you can support the bandwidth
- The table-top phone/speaker integrates nicely
- Lack of features or options to integrate with other solutions
- Audio was just ok. If it was a meeting with more than 3-4 people, it seemed it was too much
- I had a hard time with support. They were not very responsive and felt like an up-hill battle at times.
We wanted to take advantage of things like a Microsoft Exchange calendar, a "Join Now" button and integrating with Teams. These are all things that our company made a sizeable investment on and in order to take things to the next level, we had to move on from Lifesize Video Conferencing.
Lifesize [Video Conferencing] is very useful from daily meetings to the yearly webinar.
- Lifesize [Video Conferencing] full set up is [powerful]. If Lifesize Video Endpoint is combined with Lifesize Cloud then it's very productive & user-friendly
- Any Device: Lifesize [Video Conferencing] is the only application that allows any device to connect in a meeting. There are no restrictions in joining the meeting
- Security: Lifesize [Video Conferencing] is a secured platform where your meeting's content & recording will never leak.
- One-click join: We can join the meeting through one touch, also we get a reminder before 5 min to join the meeting
- White Board: White Board is an also unique feature that allows us to discuss as we discuss in the board room
- Password protected: Now Lifesize [Video Conferencing] meetings are password-protected, so no unnecessary interventions & offline private meetings are online private meetings now.
- Lifesize Cloud is mainly used for C-Level users, which allow then for a unique feature of one-touch join, low downtime, user-friendly experience & high security
Daily meetings are the most important part of our life now, and we need the application which integrates with outlook, Lifesize [Video Conferencing] is that key that will connect the online meeting with the Outlook calendar.
- Cost Effective
- User-friendly Experience
- View Options
- Admit Control
- Password Protected Meetings
- Webinar to explain the features
Mainly C-Level people don't have time to understand the functionality & procedure, they just want a one-click to connect option in their Video Calls. Lifesize [Video Conferencing is] meant for that purpose.
- User friendly
- Easy to use
- Video quality
- There was not anything that I disliked.
Although we didn't use Lifesize as a large team, we get great support from the Support team.
- I feel more reliable and secure to get started with this tool.
- Quality audio video services.
- Screen Sharing is on of the most efficient way of communication with others.
- Meeting scheduling is also a fantastic and easy.
- I think side by size the audio option should provide the messaging option as well because sometimes I need to discuss the thing with few members and all the time callings are not carried out.
- Further while having a conference call I face a buffering situation in the background.
- Video resolution when it works is great. But it has frequent issues.
- Screen sharing is good when it works but has frequent issues.
- The ability to invite people to meetings is great but the user interface to schedule those is not user friendly. So we have few people that can use it remotely other than a few power users and people that join one of our two conference rooms that have the dedicated unit.
- The quality of service (QOS) varies greatly. We have constant lag and other issues that make it difficult to use and cause a great deal of frustration. When it works, its great but our users think it's a joke.
- Remote users have horrible QOS.
- Easier scheduling system to send invites out using web interface that ties into Outlook.
- Office to Office Meeting
- Customer Meeting with the ease of connectivity, no software to load, simply open a browser to connect to the meeting
- Training and presentations
- Interconnecting to other systems
- It is great to have a universal directory that everyone has in sync.
- Good to have the flexibility to use a laptop for Lifesize.
- Good to be able to test the system using the Virtual Call feature.
- Previously with Polycom we had the ability to view the Far end via camera to see who was in the room or which location they were already on a call.
- The Virtual Test call could be improved further because during the recording of your video it should split the screen to show you what it is recording. It should also have the capability of calling you back to make sure that other people can call you.
- The quality of the video is not too good when more than 3 locations are connected.
- in-person training
- Amazing Video Quality
- Fine audio quality
- Easy interface
- Less app size
- Accessibility from various interfaces be it desktop or mobile, windows or mac Or Android.
- Flexibility to access through browser also, also through Third party rooms.
- Document/screen sharing needs improvement.
- Abrupt disconnection without warning.
- Lag in turning on/off the mic.
- Data management/security concerns as it is outsourced.
- The ability to "ring" a coworker like calling them at their extension.
- The ease of adding in participants to a meeting whether administrative or clinical.
- The network was unstable during some calls regardless of the size. The screen would shake throughout the call.
- There were challenges logging into a meetings to the point where we would have to log off our pc and log back in.
- Sporadic Audio issues would take place regardless of where we would us the app, on-campus or off campus
Larger meetings of 20+ participants can present some challenges to users when logging on as well as audio and video stability. Recurring visits using the same link over a period of 1-2 months can also become a problem where new links need to be created for participants to connect.
- The touchpad makes it extremely easy to join or start conference calls with a single pushbutton.
- The Lifesize solution is affordable and has been extremely reliable for our video conference calls.
- Camera quality is great and provides clear video for our organization.
- The pan/tilt/zoom features are very helpful to focus in on specific people or items during a training or demonstration.
- The unit is a little larger than we would like, but still easily fits onto most shelves.
- Changing the layouts on the screen (via remote control) can be cumbersome at times
- Additional microphones have a cord (rather than being wireless), which can be unsightly and a possible trip hazard
- Clarity of voice and video.
- Relative ease of use.
- Working well across various platforms.
- Works well with other endpoint devices (example: Polycom).
- Complete management from remote office.
- Ease of use by inexperienced end users.
- Ability to program direct dial to frequent conference numbers.
- It detects who is speaking and makes [their image] big.
- You can take virtual meetings on a laptop or in a meeting room.
- Easy to connect from anywhere.
- Share comments
- Draw features
- No Extra license for joining Video hardware devices.
- Lifesize Support is very responsive.
- Lifesize Touch panel with inbuilt Mic, Speaker & touch is fantastic
- Normal dialing & USB plug & play mode in new series.
- Polling Features
- Old system to be made compatible to current situation.
- Feature improvements
- Superb lip sync and lifelike quality 4k video.
- Share my content to my colleagues and customers in a high frame rate and 4k quality.
- Voice calls on Lifesize are crystal clear and always accessible.
- Ease of use: the Icon room systems are so easy to use, as is the computer and mobile application.
- Using Lifesize on my iPhone and iPad has been simple and highly effective.
- Connecting with Teams and Skype for business has connected everyone with ease.
- The web management platform gives me clear visibility on usage and allows me to easily manage my team and contacts.
- We would love to be able to brand our virtual meeting rooms.
- We would love to have the ability to create break out rooms from the main virtual room.
- Video voicemail would be excellent for missed calls.
With the added ability to simply book a meeting directly from Outlook or the browser, invite your room system and be faced with a simple yes or no on the screen of the room system, this is by far the simplest video conferencing solution that I have ever used.
- There are none.
- Zero support.
- Difficult to cancel the subscription.
- The helpdesk is designed to inhibit people from being able to respond. (You'll know exactly what I mean if ever you attempt to use it!)
- High definition video.
- High-quality audio.
- Generally, it is bullet-proof.
- The video display is high quality.
- Ease of use in the interface.
- Good sound quality.
- The lower end models need a more robust directory assistant.
- The dial/microphone unit is poorly designed, and has a very fragile cable which breaks quite easily.
Any video conference room venue larger than the above will not work well, as the video oom is largely limited to a low-level of magnification, and the audio capability fails at about 20 ft. from the main unit.
Our campus faculty, business institute, and other departments are looking forward to using the system in addition to dual credit teaching.
- Easy to use
- Low cost
- Easy to manage accounts
- Knowledgeable and reliable sales and customer service at Lifesize
- Access to Lifesize Community, which connects other Lifesize users/clients, and gives users the ability to request features directly with the support and development teams.
- Technical support that is second to NONE!
- More screen layout options
- Ability to customize screen layouts
- ability to store ip based systems as favorites.
- Customizable recording interface--ability to change and arrange PIPs as desired
- Online training
Even though I do not have a large presence with Lifesize, I still get amazing support from their customer service, tech support and account managers. I have never had a question go unanswered!
Lately our account has been relatively dormant, and the sales and support team reached out and asked if there was anything they could do on their end to help us use the product more. Knowing that someone is monitoring, and cares, about our account is fantastic!
- Video quality
- Sound quality
- Easier setup
- Call quality and reliability are beyond excellent! We never have to worry about dropped frames or glitching!
- The user support is next to none! If you have a question, Lifesize support is there to help, the first time, every time!
- The interface of every Lifesize system, new or old, is so user-friendly. We can demonstrate the system once and staff are ready to rock!
- I would like to see some of the point-to-point features such as far end camera control become available within meeting rooms as well.
- SMS meeting invitation right from the user portal would be amazing to have in scenarios where a lot of people are calling in.
- The system view options could be a little easier to access for quicker adjustment of what is being displayed on a call.
- Lifesize connects remote users
- Lifesize saves travel time
- I wish the feature for picture-in-picture (so we can see our room as well as the rooms that we are connected to) wasn't buried in the menu system. It would be nice to set it up to show it ahead of time too, so we're not fussing with settings when someone first joins in.
- The equipment is not good and fails all the time.
- The Equipment and peripherals is very expensive.
- The app keeps crashing all the time.
- The admin portal is not easy.
- The admin page for lifesize equipment cannot be managed centrally.
- The screen is very clear and easy to understand.
- The support department is very responsive and eager to walk you through new features.
- When we start a conference in our NJ office and there is a video presentation, often when our NY office joins in the presentation switches to them. This is particularly annoying when we have third parties also joining as it makes us look like we don't know what we're doing.
- Multiple ways to join a call.
- Setting up reoccurring meetings is relatively easy for admins on the cloud site.
- Phone and computer apps are nicely put together and easy to use.
- Highly proprietary.
- Equipment is very costly compared to other brands.
- Lack of true Microsoft Teams integration.
- Somewhat difficult customer service.