Overall Satisfaction with Logi Info
we are a reseller of Logi Info. We use it to display graphs, analysis grids, and offer ad-hoc reporting via Logi. Logi Info allows us to visually display complex data to the end user so they can make business decisions in a meaningful way. This has been much more successful than the long, stale reports that the insurance industry has relied upon since the 1960's.
- the graphics are surprisingly fast.
- multiple data sources are supported, you can use stored procedures, straight SQL, views, etc.
- Logi is fast to bring out new features, and when they have a rare bug, they are quick to fix it.
- there's occasionally weird issues like a Boolean value being set to true, but its false value is just blank, not false. this can make writing SQL more challenging.
- there's old generation graphics, and new. New is nice, but some of the old generation features didn't make it to the new graphics, such as tilting a pie graph on it's access.
Logi is great for visuals, but the Information Analyzer doesn't replace a true report writer. You can export to Excel from it, but that's very slow. If you are looking for a WYSIWG kind of report, Logi doesn't offer any kind of solution, but if you are ok with grid based data, then Info Analyzer is ok.