January 16, 2014
Score 1 out of 10
Lumesse TalentLink is our company's applicant tracking system. It is accessed only by the Recruiting department, and we utilize it to post jobs to our company website. It was originally intended to be a tool for centralizing and reporting on department information and metrics.
- Lumesse allows users to customize their dashboards. Applications can be added or removed at the individual's preference.
- I have found the system to be very inconsistent and "buggy", for lack of a better term. Today I searched for an internal requisition number and the system could not find the data. I found it by scrolling through manually, and verified that I had entered the information precisely as it appeared. There seems to be no explanation as to why it could not locate this particular entry, but I have been able to use the function without a problem in other instances.
- The navigation is not intuitive or user-friendly. It takes an exorbitant amount of clicks to accomplish a task. Each action is confusing and time-consuming.
- The system requires a large amount of redundant information in order to enter a job and does not auto-populate. If I indicate a position is located in Chicago, it would logically follow that the state is "Illinois", the country is "United States", and the currency is "USD". I have to manually input these details in both the requisition as well as the separate job advertisement page.
- Changes to the job requisition are not reflected in the job advertisement, as they are separate entities. If you need to make a change, you have to update the details twice.
- Decreased employee efficiency -- There are so many steps to create an entry that our recruiters use the system as little as possible. We had hoped to use Lumesse for centralizing information and reporting, but have not been able to do so. Instead, each recruiter keeps a separate Excel sheet, defeating the purpose of having an ATS in the first place. We only use Lumesse to post to our website now. We are very disappointed.
- viRecruit,Talent Secure,Jobvite
Each of the above products were more effective than Lumesse. I did not select Lumesse for our company, and would replace it with another system if given the opportunity. Jobvite was the most user-friendly ATS I have used. This system allows seamless integration with social media and automatically pushes postings out to free career boards like Indeed.com. I was also able to give hiring managers their own accounts with different levels of access to the information in the database so they could browse resumes and view the status on their open roles at their convenience.