Reviews (1-7 of 7)
July 29, 2016
Score 3 out of 10
Lumesse was being used across the entire organization, worldwide. It was helpful in addressing our international recruitment for offices accross the pond as well as differentiating between our brands locally.
- Lumesse was very flexible to create what our organization wanted the interface to represent.
- Lumesse could be a bit cumbersome at times, with many layers and levels to click through to get to where you need to go.
- It allow for lots of options, sometimes too many.
- Simplicity is key. The user interface could use some work around where a button should be located and how intricate does one layer need to be
Read Kristi Raines's full review
International recruiting for large companies/agencies is where this product is useful, it was a bit cumbersome for my specific office that only had approx 400 people. Our larger organization was 10k+
We use Lumesse as an applicants tracking and it's being used company-wide. I like using Lumesse because everything is online.
- Track candidates.
- Quick Report.
- One stop shop - meaning Lumesse holds all the information entered.
- Share information with peers in other divisions.
- The system is a bit slow. A faster version would be nice.
- You can't us the back button arrow.
- Too many clicks to get to what you want.
Read Kay Vann's full review
How easy it is to maneuver through the system?
Lumesse is used as the main Applicant Tracking System. It is used by Recruiting, HR and Hiring Managers. Our business uses Lumesse to track candidate applications, hires, run HR reports, create requisitions, and post positions to the external careers page. While the functionality of the product is limited and there are few ways to customize, it's better than using a cardboard box to hold resumes.
- It has open text boxes to add notes, on the individual candidate home page. Which is helpful when making a quick look at an individual, these notes are very obvious.
- It has a search function; however it lacks a wild card (*); so if a req or candidate are spelled differently or referred to differently, there is no way to find them
- Its a simple, no frills lay out
- Lumesse needs to add timestamped features. When multiple users are in the system, its impossible to tell when or who made updates on reqs or candidates.
- Candidate landing pages need to include more relevant information. It would be helpful to see more specifically what stage in the process they are in; i.e phone interview, submitted, waiting for feedback. Current functions are limited to New, Rejected, Hired
- Creating reports needs to be more intuitive, when creating reports there are literally thousands of options, the options do not coincide with logical thought process and the labels do not give any indication of what one might be reporting on. There is much time spent on trial and error.
- No personal training sessions were available. Only provided a 400 page manual to teach ourselves
- When reporting, there are limited filter functions - sorting by date range is not a function at this time
Read Megan Timm's full review
I would recommend using an ATS over an excel spreadsheet. But I would recommend doing your research and knowing exactly what features you need and the things you want to do with your ATS before selecting Lumesse. It is useful if you just want an electronic storage spot for resumes and requisitions. Also if you want to do intense reporting and are great at building very customized, very specific reports, then Lumesse is great. However, if many people across the organization will be asked to use it to create their own reqs, monitor candidates and interact with HR, Recruiters, and Hiring Managers there will be confusion. You need to be a super user and very technical to get the most out of Lumesse.
Two of our clients uses Lumesse as their applicant tracking system, and it is used by the HR department of our clients. This is where they're able to hosue information about requisition, job titles, descriptions, statuses of candidates through the process etc. We're able to gather all the information we need for background screening from this as well.
- The site is easy to navigate, which helps our workers not get lost looking for information.
- We're able to add some customizations to the platform, which allows us to smooth out processes.
- The search function isn't very good. Sometimes we're not able to find the candidates we're looking for, and if we type in a basic name, other names not at all related come up. This can add confusion/time and delays.
Read this authenticated review
Overalll Lumesse seems to be your average ATS. There is nothing flashy or sexy about it, but it gets the job done. It might be best for a simple client with basic needs, and not for a client that is expecting the world of their ATS.
January 15, 2014
Score 4 out of 10
Lumesse is used by the organization as a talent recruitment tool. It was only used by the Human Resources function of our organization and not by the entire organization. We would post jobs that were connected to Lumesse and use it full cycle through the recruiting process. We had Lumesse integrated in to our HRIS system, Workday.
- Tracking information on candidates
- Letting you score candidates
- Collecting information in a precise manner
- Navigation is very difficult
- Clarification on what information can be found where
- More ability to cross reference information and compare candidates is needed
Read Laura Grillo's full review
Do you need it to integrate to a different HRIS platform? Do you need multiple users to access? If yes, this is a pretty good product. The downfall is in learning the intricacies of the product. If you are not using it full time, you are very likely to get confused and forget the small details of how to navigate. It's a good system, but it's not very user friendly.
February 19, 2016
Lumesse was our global system for talent acquisition, used on multiple countries around the world and was available in 15 different languages. It supported the entire recruiting cycle, from requisition approval to offer acceptance. It was integrated with our SAP HR core-system of records for job information and compliance reporting.
- Mobile device application, since many of our hiring managers are on the "road" and have little time to get into computer systems.
- User interface is simple and intuitive.
- True cloud-based system, that can be configured and supported by non-technical personnel.
- The system needs to be more stable and available all the time, we had some unplanned downtime.
- Reports can be improved, it is a bit complicated.
- The integration with SAP should be pre-built and made available, building this was a bit complicated.
Read this authenticated review
Lumesse is well suited for global companies, that are not too large and may get enough attention/support from other larger vendors.
Lumesse TalentLink is our company's applicant tracking system. It is accessed only by the Recruiting department, and we utilize it to post jobs to our company website. It was originally intended to be a tool for centralizing and reporting on department information and metrics.
- Lumesse allows users to customize their dashboards. Applications can be added or removed at the individual's preference.
- I have found the system to be very inconsistent and "buggy", for lack of a better term. Today I searched for an internal requisition number and the system could not find the data. I found it by scrolling through manually, and verified that I had entered the information precisely as it appeared. There seems to be no explanation as to why it could not locate this particular entry, but I have been able to use the function without a problem in other instances.
- The navigation is not intuitive or user-friendly. It takes an exorbitant amount of clicks to accomplish a task. Each action is confusing and time-consuming.
- The system requires a large amount of redundant information in order to enter a job and does not auto-populate. If I indicate a position is located in Chicago, it would logically follow that the state is "Illinois", the country is "United States", and the currency is "USD". I have to manually input these details in both the requisition as well as the separate job advertisement page.
- Changes to the job requisition are not reflected in the job advertisement, as they are separate entities. If you need to make a change, you have to update the details twice.
Read this authenticated review
The system is poorly suited to a fast-paced environment.
Lumesse (Discontinued) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Lumesse (Discontinued)
Lumesse was acquired by Talent Management vendor Saba in November of 2018. This product will no longer be sold as a stand-alone solution, but has been incorporated into the Saba line of talent management products.
Categories: Talent Management
Lumesse (Discontinued) Competitors
Lumesse (Discontinued) Technical Details