Lumesse is used as the main Applicant Tracking System. It is used by Recruiting, HR and Hiring Managers. Our business uses Lumesse to track candidate applications, hires, run HR reports, create requisitions, and post positions to the external careers page. While the functionality of the product is limited and there are few ways to customize, it's better than using a cardboard box to hold resumes.
- It has open text boxes to add notes, on the individual candidate home page. Which is helpful when making a quick look at an individual, these notes are very obvious.
- It has a search function; however it lacks a wild card (*); so if a req or candidate are spelled differently or referred to differently, there is no way to find them
- Its a simple, no frills lay out
- Lumesse needs to add timestamped features. When multiple users are in the system, its impossible to tell when or who made updates on reqs or candidates.
- Candidate landing pages need to include more relevant information. It would be helpful to see more specifically what stage in the process they are in; i.e phone interview, submitted, waiting for feedback. Current functions are limited to New, Rejected, Hired
- Creating reports needs to be more intuitive, when creating reports there are literally thousands of options, the options do not coincide with logical thought process and the labels do not give any indication of what one might be reporting on. There is much time spent on trial and error.
- No personal training sessions were available. Only provided a 400 page manual to teach ourselves
- When reporting, there are limited filter functions - sorting by date range is not a function at this time
- The positive aspect is that it is a contained system that links with the external career page.
- A negative impact has been because of user changes on reqs or candidate profiles, things get lost and much time is spent on figuring out what happened and because of the lack of timestamping, its impossible to tell if it happened 5 minutes ago or 3 years ago.
- A negative impact has been user error do to very manual reporting.
- Taleo,myStaffingPro,SAP CRM
Lumesse is a basic ATS; I was not part of the decision to select Lumesse. It does not have features like Taleo or myStaffingPro where interviews can be directly scheduled. It also lacks SAP ability to directly send out assessments. Lumesse handles the most basic of functions like tracking and req creation, but I would not recommend it if additional features are used in your recruiting process
The only reason I would renew Lumesse is because of the difficulty of doing a data migration to a new system and the potential loss of candidates already in the system. The cost is also a factor, it is a very expensive system and there is little to no customer support.
I would recommend using an ATS over an excel spreadsheet. But I would recommend doing your research and knowing exactly what features you need and the things you want to do with your ATS before selecting Lumesse. It is useful if you just want an electronic storage spot for resumes and requisitions. Also if you want to do intense reporting and are great at building very customized, very specific reports, then Lumesse is great. However, if many people across the organization will be asked to use it to create their own reqs, monitor candidates and interact with HR, Recruiters, and Hiring Managers there will be confusion. You need to be a super user and very technical to get the most out of Lumesse.