Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
- Excellent scoring abilities - allows for behavioral and demographic scoring.
- Engagement programs for nurturing are very robust.
- Allows user to set up a lot of processes in the background to manage lead flows into SFDC.
- Analytics component of Marketo is still very weak. Reports take ages to load and offer limited options for customization.
- At a tactical level, it is hard to switch landing pages to a new design if it is needed. It can be done but involves multiple steps and can be a huge headache to implement.
- Designing landing pages and emails to be responsive is still not robust, it has to be coded in.
- Engage and grow customers over time
- Plan and coordinate marketing across your team
Marketo keeps extensive history information for all prospects and allows plenty of customization to help define and record important moments in a buyer's journey. While this takes time to set up, once it is done, it provides valuable insights into what's working and what's not for marketing. Fairly robust nurturing capabilities and tight integration and bi-directional sync with Salesforce supports lead management and handoff to sales very effectively. Marketo supports various functional areas within marketing very well - events pre and post follow up, relevant content delivery, strong scoring, and has an excellent partner integration. Several additional technologies used by marketing teams are supported within the Marketo ecosystem, so this is very convenient for tech marketers.