Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
I have used Marketo as Marketing Automation Manager in my current role and previous role. Currently I work in real estate industry and previously I worked in the software industry. Marketo is used by both companies to support the marketing campaign activities across the organisation and used for lead generation, lead nurturing, customer acquisition and nurturing and to give real time insight and metrics on marketing campaign activities and investment.
- User interface is easy to understand and very minimal distractions.
- Email 2.0 templates and modules - great for marketer who does not have coding background or a developer on hand.
- Marketo Community site is a great platform for finding documentation, networking with users and other users are always helpful in answering questions and discussions.
- That all campaign assets, logic and reports are all under the one program and not in different areas/sections of the product
- Documentation for new features can follow the availability of features which is a little frustrating.
- Melbourne User Group is quarterly and it would be great if this could be held more often, eg every 8 weeks.
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
Build long term engagement with our customers and investors. Ensure that the buyers journey has nurture program to support both pre-purchase and post-purchase. Attract new prospects interest in our property and research offerings.
We evaluated Eloqua and Marketo as our key products for Marketing Automation and found that Marketo met our current needs and future growth without a high additional investment. Also Marketo was designed for marketing staff to administrate and update with minimal reliance on development resources for HTML templates etc.
Marketo is a world-leader in marketing automation space with over a decade of development and improvements. Marketo has been designed for B2B businesses but is adding functionality to support B2C engagements especially social media. Marketo works well with Salesforce in terms of bi-directional data synching and the Marketing Sales Insight module. Marketo has a wealth of functionality that marketing can take advantage of to improve their prospect and customer engagement and should not be considered as just an EDM tool.