The most robust and powerful marketing automation solution I've encountered.
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
We are a Marketo consulting agency and use it both for our own marketing and implement it for clients. We also build products that integrate with it. For our own marketing we use it to manage demand generation activities and for lead management. With our clients we implement, configure, and customize it in a large variety of ways.
- Very robust workflow capability, with extremely flexible filtering and numerous options to enable almost any business scenario.
- Tight integration with SFDC with visibility into standard and custom objects and good campaign integration.
- Extensive use of tokens to quickly create and manage highly customized programs.
- New! Email and landing page editor updates provide extremely user-friendly and customizable asset creation toolset.
- The default analytics module is a bit inflexible; existing reports are adequate but customizing them to answer the questions you want answered is often difficult and generally requires pulling a multitude of time-consuming smart lists or access to the more expensive Revenue Cycle Analytics module. Again however, this is something that is actively being improved by product management.
I have not actively used other Marketing Automation tools. I evaluated Marketo 3.5 years ago against Pardot, Act-On, Hubspot and a host of others and selected Marketo because it was the most powerful, customizable, and robust tool available.
Marketo is extremely powerful and can enable massive efficiency for the right companies -- growing companies with a small but expanding team who need to manage a lot of marketing activities, large enterprises, and everyone in between. The flexibility and depth of Marketo is best in its class, and for a creative technical marketer, the sky is really the limit for what you can achieve.
There is a good deal of work to implement, configure and manage Marketo (I'd recommend at least a part-time resource or an agency partner) so the real ROI comes at scale, when the efficiency you gain from automation and deployment outweighs the work required to manage the system. On the other hand if you are a smaller company with fewer marketing initiatives, less complex needs, and lighter lead flow, Marketo could be overkill until your needs expand.
Adobe Marketo Engage Feature Ratings
Besides all the benefits mentioned in earlier comments, we are heavily invested in the product, making it a time consuming/costly process to leave. Additionally I am a Marketo partner and consultant.
- Massive increase in efficiency for sales/service/customer success reps -- automation manages their workflow and communication letting them focus on what they do best and increase customer satisfaction.
- Much faster deployment of programs and campaigns.
- Big gains in conversion and revenue through better nurturing, lead scoring, lead management.