Overall Satisfaction with MasteryConnect
My organization uses MasteryConnect to track student mastery of learning objectives. We use it for our ACT preparation program and to track our underclass students' progress on socioemotional learning standards. MasteryConnect is only used by our own learning team to help us be data-driven instructors and respond to students' individual learning needs.
- Learning standards are already included in the software.
- Allows educators to track students who are near-mastery and at-mastery
- Color-coding system is easy to understand.
- I don't like that we have to make separate trackers for each sub-strand of math on the ACT.
- Sometimes it is difficult to find the assessments I am trying to score within trackers.
- I wish I had more support on how to use the data in MasteryConnect.
- MasteryConnect has allowed our organization to track student learning data weekly for the first time.
- We spend less than 10 minutes per week inputting student achievement data.
- We are able to more quickly decide which skills to reteach because of MasteryConnect.
- Illuminate Data & Assessment (DnA) and PowerSchool Student Information System
MasteryConnect is a more affordable option for our medium-sized nonprofit. MasteryConnect fits our needs without being "too much" software. Illuminate and PowerSchool are more built for large school systems while we are a standalone organization with only about 250 students.
On-boarding was fine and sufficient, but we haven't really heard from MasteryConnect since then. I haven't reached out to them, either, though.
Do you think MasteryConnect delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with MasteryConnect's feature set?
Did MasteryConnect live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of MasteryConnect go as expected?
Would you buy MasteryConnect again?
I love that MasteryConnect already has hundreds of standards built-in, like the ACT readiness and socioemotional learning standards my after-school program uses. I think MasteryConnect would be harder to implement for an educational institution using learning standards not already in MasteryConnect. Also, MasteryConnect does not function as a grade book for someone looking for that kind of solution.