Eric Adams Mavenlink
January 13, 2014
Eric Adams Mavenlink
Score 9 out of 10
While I worked for the School of Rock as an IT Systems Manager I used Mavenlink on a daily basis. The company used the product to track progress while opening new schools(franchises) and averaged about 3 new school openings every 2 months. Many employees within the operations department of School of Rock also used Mavenlink to track their responsibilities while completing each project. From the time the franchise agreement was signed to when the school opened its doors all the necessary activities and milestones were tracked using Mavenlink. The tasks included getting leases signed, completing build-outs, hiring employees for the site, setting up IT assets and other various tasks. Mavenlink was a great tool as it was easy to track your own progress as well as hold others accountable for their duties and responsibilities.
- Holds users accountable through transparency.
- Each project flows well on the page and is easy to understand.
- Box.com and Docusign integration.
- Sometimes hard to find all open tasks across various projects.
- Support team not always easy to get a hold of.
- Being able to communicate with users across the country had a positive impact on my experience with the company since I was only there a short time. This made me a better customer service partner by being introduced to individuals on these projects.
- Opening a new franchise is a delicate and complicated process and Mavenlink was able to provide a list of requirements for each franchise before it could be opened. This helped prevent things from "slipping through the cracks".
I liked Mavenlink more than MS Project because I feel that Mavenlink is easier to use for the average users while Project is designed more for users with project management and / or IT experience. I was very easy for me to train a new user on Mavenlink, even over the phone.
Although the company I currently work for does not use the product I have recommended that we do switch to Mavenlink. We will be opening some new sites internationally this year and I can see that Mavenlink would be a great product for us to use.