Listen - Engage - Report
January 17, 2014
Listen - Engage - Report
IpasInternational Affairs, 201-500 employees
Score 7 out of 10
- Listen, Report, Engage
Overall Satisfaction with Meltwater Buzz
I work for a global non-profit that does research, training and advocacy work around sexual and reproductive health. One of our challenges in social media has been understanding not only how our organization is influential in the SRH community, but how topics play out both in the US and abroad. Meltwater Buzz gives us the tools to listen and better evaluate how to reach geographically and culturally diverse audiences.
- Meltwater Buzz allows us to narrow down conversation threads by platform and location so that we can better engage a geographically diverse audience. For example, we have been able to identify which countries in Africa are more likely to engage on Facebook vs. Twitter around our topics.
- Although our organization is small, we engage a diverse audience across many different topics. Meltwater Buzz allows us to easily identify and share specific conversations and influencers so that our social media team can quickly follow-up and engage.
- Meltwater Buzz allows us to set up numerous social search campaigns - by country, key phrases and industry-wide campaigns - so that we can be more specific in reporting and analysis.
- I would love to see Meltwater Buzz develop an easy to use overview of the reach and impact of specific messages - we are able to quickly identify conversation volume and trends, but gathering information about which messages resonate and spread is less obvious (for example, many folks may be talking about V-Day, but which specific conversation threads were shared most often and by whom.
- Conversation trends on message boards and blogs seems to be limited in scope. We frequently write blog posts and articles for major news outlets in our industry that do not appear in the Listen module.
- The biggest benefit Meltwater Buzz has provided our organization is the ability to more easily listen to and engage in conversations globally. We've begun to develop a more nuanced understanding of how people talk about SRHR issues across diverse cultures.
- Topsy,Hoot Suite,Google Analytics
We use Meltwater Buzz in coordination with Topsy, Hoot Suite and Google Analytics as part of our overall online analytics program. Meltwater helps synthesize information, but doesn't provide the more complete data picture we use to inform strategy.
Meltwater provides a wealth of information - one of the key questions I would ask is an organizational one.To use the tools provided with Meltwater Buzz effectively, well-established goals and an organized, proactive approach to engaging folks on social media are essential.