Overall Satisfaction with Memsource
I use Memsource on a daily basis to translate and review translations from my colleagues (around 7k words per month). I am a freelancer, so I don't have experience in the project design part, but from my experience as a linguist, Memsource is very user-friendly, and the interface is very intuitive and easy to use.
- The QA tool it provides is practical and always handy.
- Instant QA feature can save time at the end of the process.
- The possibility to decline a job directly from the platform instead of having to contact the client by email.
- I find the "net rates" (weighted word count) somehow misleading; I have been confused into thinking the project was short, but then it was due to the fact that many similar segments had been counted as fewer words than real (due to their similarity).
- I would like to have the "lock segments" feature more handy (I know the project creator does, but I, as a linguist sometimes need to forget about a few segments and focus on the rest).
- I would like to be able to exclude 100% matches from the QA process (when I don't have to check those segments).
- Notifications are sent to team members when a new project is assigned or a project is declined (in a timely manner, to save time).
- For me as a freelancer, it's great to be granted the license by the company as therefore not have to spend money on a license while enjoying the CAT tool.
- I believe Memsource has speeded up the translation workflow since there is less need to share files, reference material, and invitations all by different means. Memsource encompasses everything.
Do you think Phrase delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Phrase's feature set?
Did Phrase live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Phrase go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Phrase again?
I like Memsource because when I am not home and I don't have my laptop, I can borrow a computer, log in to my Memsource account and I'm ready to begin translating. I can even download the source files and check the TM and glossary there. It's not necessary to download the software and lose time on that.