Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Access
- Being Microsoft based, data integrates well with other MS products - exporting into Excel is a breeze.
- It's fairly easy for users to add tables, queries and reports enabling regular and frequent customization without using outside costly consultants. We are constantly changing and adding features to our system making it uniquely our own.
- Low cost, easy to set up, a great option for large and small companies. We can link several systems together - all aspects of our services business is run on Access from lead generation to billing and dispatching.
- Training is not expensive and can be found outside of the software maker - ie community colleges, business classes.
- The software does not go out of date or become obsolete. We have been using our same custom built in-house system for 14 years - with new Windows upgrades 4-5 times. New software versions have not affected users very much.
- It would be nice to integrate photo storage better.
- Links to the internet could be a bit more sophisticated.
- High cost savings from being able to develop our system in-house, without the use of consultants.
- Our ability to track customer activity has made our service better and more personalized.
- Strong employee satisfaction for easy to use system.
- All data is stored in one place across departments making excellent efficiency.
Our entire company's administrative systems are based on Access. With its strong adaptability, there is no reason to change systems. Anytime we want to do something new, Access has allowed us to do it. Very customizable
Make sure you select a team member to become fully versed in the software. I recommend have IT know how to use the programming language so you can create everything on your own. Classes or webinars can help users become familiar with the system. Make sure to have a good mapped out plan of what you want to do to make a clean and efficient database. Also restrict permissions for certain features in the system as it is easy to delete records.