Microsoft Defender Review
January 14, 2020
Microsoft Defender Review
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
Microsoft Defender is being used across our organization by all the departments. The major reason why we are using the software is, of course, data protection. In this day and age, when data has become such a valuable asset, one needs to keep their data safe from hackers or rival companies.
- One of the undeniable strengths of Windows Defender is that it is free. It already comes packaged with Windows. You don't have to install separately or pay extra for the excellent kind of protection it provides.
- Unlike all the other anti-virus software out there, the service is very light on the system and one doesn't even get to know when a background check is going on in the background. I never had to open the application to run scans. It automatically keeps running in the background and informs if anything fishy is going on in the background.
- When it comes to the latest threats and malware, it is not the most updated antivirus software in the market. It can always benefit from quick virus definition updates.
- It is not a complex antivirus solution when it comes to its feature sets. People who are finicky about each and every feature will be a little disappointed with the lack of options/settings available to configure the antivirus.
- There is definitely a piece of mind provided when you know that your system will not get compromised because of malware and viruses.
- The fact that I don't have to spend money in the first place means that I can spend money on other more important things that do require it.
I gave it a 7 out of 10 as I feel that there is still a lot of room for improvement. I remember how back in the day the software was looked down upon because of it being an unreliable and inefficient antivirus. But, Microsoft has really put in the hard work and made it worthy for it to be comparable to all the other security services out there.
Do you think Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)'s feature set?
Did Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) again?
In my opinion, It is well suited for small start-ups and entrepreneurs who have just started doing business. But when the amount of client data that you hold increases, you should not completely rely on Windows Defender. Another paid antivirus will definitely be recommended. But, I think they have really stepped up their game recently in terms of updating the software and virus definitions.