MicroStrategy Analytics: "Microstrategy is not a walk in the park"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biMicroStrategy AnalyticsUnspecified7.52061012013-11-06T17:32:27.540Z
Overall Satisfaction with MicroStrategy Analytics
- Fantastic features for mobile applications. Out of all of the BI tools out there, it is by far the best on an iPad
- Lots of features for the end-user to custom the output of reports
- In-memory processing allows for very quick responses
- It has a very steep learning curve for report developers. I found it the most difficult to learn from a developer perspective
- A lot of system administration overhead is required. Probably not suitable for a small organization. The cloud version would probably be better.
- The remote training that they offer (such as through the PEP program) is terrible. I had training classes online that would've been better served getting a root canal. Training is one of their most deficient areas in my opinion.
There are other tools out there that are more nimble and less costly. It is a robust product but not for those with small IT organizations or dedicated report developers. It's analytic components are available but seem to be a little less mature than other products on the market. Visualizations have gotten better with some new modules but the base product is a little lacking in this area (look to Tableau instead).
Be very careful before buying the full on-site version of the product. If the sales rep says that it has minimal IT involvement, don't believe it. Ask about cloud options, the different modules that you are buying as part of their proposal, and what kind of training they are offering as part of their bid. If it's online training and not on-site, be very skeptical.