Overall Satisfaction with MobileIron
MobileIron is made available across the whole organization where ever having corporate email access is needed on a mobile device. Mostly these are corporate issued phones but in some cases employee owned devices are allowed. We have security needs for most of our clients, and we have security standards, NIST, that we need to meet. MobileIron apps allow us to comply with those needs.
- It does connect with Microsoft Exchange well to provide email access, search functions, and flexibility with attachments
- Allows proxy access to specified corporate resources
- Facilitates viewing and some editing of documents securely on the phone in multiple formats
- There are some outstanding issues I would like to see fixed. In the iOS version the Email+ app doesn't handled failed to send messages.
- In the Android version of Email+ there are issues with password updates that make it difficult to do.
- Web@work in the Android version lacks flexibility in authentication method.
- It's had positive impact in increased productivity.
- It's been a requirement for security compliance.
- Need for field employees who do not work by a desk.
In the past the corporation has used other MDM packages, and has evaluated others. However we look for a high degree of security, and also that the functions be equivalent on both iOS and android platforms. Other packages missed forms of security or supported only one platform. There are plans for features that likely we could only do through working with MobileIron apps.
It's suited to a secure presentation of email and resources within the corporate domain. Particularly for the individual's email, contacts, and calendar. Not functional for group email or group calendars. Useful for viewing and some editing of documents, but not appropriate as a repository as it does not sync documents. Good for accessing resources within corporate domain, but it can be tricky getting it to work.