Womp! There it is...
December 18, 2015
Womp! There it is...
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MobileOptimize
We've adopted MobileOptimize in response to Mobilegeddon by Google. It is used for our main customer facing website. For many years, we did not have a mobile friendly face for our website. Traditionally we only had a small percentage of mobile visitors come to our site, but since MobileOptimize was able to deliver a new mobile friendly site without redesigning the desktop site, we decided to test whether it's true that "if you build it, they will come". It's been about 3 months since going live with the new mobile friendly site, and the mobile users bounce rate has been reduced by 60%.
- Speed. Their ability to deliver on time or ahead of schedule is a nice surprise since most vendor that we've worked with are usually running behind.
- Knowing the customer. WompMobile's ability look at our current design and tailor a mockup for us to review the first time blew us away. We tweaked their proposed mockup with minor cosmetic correction, but we felt like they knew what we wanted even before we knew ourselves.
- Value. No one we talked to came close to beating the package offered by WompMobile. Their project and maintenance cost structure blew their competitors away.
- Support Options. We struggled a bit with not having a 24x7 support option from WompMobile. Even though we haven't had to use it, and a global company like us would feel better with a 24x7 support option. We even expected to pay more to have that comfort for "just in case" scenarios. However, their speed in responding to your production issue has been phenomenal, and it makes you wonder if the current model is way better than a 24x7 support option where they might have to hire less costly labor who would take longer to resolve your issue.
- Test Environment. We struggled not having our test environment connected to their test environment. They have a test environment where they show you the changes, but it's not accessible through your test environment. It's a different concept.
- Reporting. WompMobile doesn't have a portal or dashboard for customers to see the hits and performance metrics of their site.
- We have reduced our bounce rate by 60%.
- Average number of clicks on our mobile site went from 1.x to 2.x
- 50% of search terms move up in ranking in Google right after go-live.
- It's priceless for us to have a mobile site when we are a high tech company but we didn't have a mobile web site.
We have reviewed and met with two other products prior to WompMobile. In the end, we didn't do more a extensive RFP since the low investment cost prompted us to take a leap of faith. We also talked to WompMobile's reference customer, and they were extremely happy with WompMobile as we are now.
Overall WompMobile is a great company, and it would be a great fit for 99% of companies out there. For us, we wish WompMobile had a POP in China to provide even faster page performance for CN users. To keep the cost down, a few enterprise anemities cited ealier will cause large enterprise to have reservations.