MongoDB: Scalable NoSQL Databasehttps://www.trustradius.com/nosql-databasesMongoDBUnspecified8.22901012019-08-27T01:36:16.334Z
August 26, 2019
MongoDB: Scalable NoSQL Database
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MongoDB
I am using MongoDB as our database back-end system. It's an efficient NoSQL for scalability. The support is good and new features were added in every release. Documentation is helpful and complete for many use cases.
- Horizontal scaling with shard cluster
- Helpful documentation
- New and meaningful features in yearly releases
- Aggregation framework for reporting application
- Transaction not supported on sharded collection
- Documentation is complete but not well structured
- Support for MongoDB customers should be improved
- Scalable to support multiple users
- Reporting well supported with aggregation framework
- Memory consumption is high
MongoDB is getting better in future releases and I wish to be continuing to use it as long as it still suits our application's requirements.
MongoDB supports JSON Schema data with the most complete NoSQL query framework among all NoSQL databases. The shard cluster is well designed for large applications with multiple concurrent users. It is best suited for applications that store data mostly for reading and reporting. But it will be improved towards applications with more write operations as well in future when transaction are supported on shard cluster (expected in version 4.2).