August 04, 2015
Strategist in Social MediaMarketing and Advertising Company, 201-500 employees
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with NetBase
NetBase is being used by the experience/social team and the reports can then trickle out beyond the department but mainly stays within. It is used to track certain topics or brands and how they are being talked about on the web and how much they are being talked about.
- NetBase does a good job of aggregating data into graphs that are simple to interpret as well as show other people in a straight forward way.
- I like the pre determined tabs in the analyze section which provides information about stuff I would not have thought of, but proves useful.
- I enjoy that NetBase shows which blog/site/tweet is creating the most conversation.
- It is unfortunate that NetBase does not include things from Facebook and Instagram, which is where a lot of people are talking.
- I think it is a little odd that if you do a snapshot of time, it can never go back to rolling. I could just be doing it wrong.
- Sometimes the search functionality does not work the same between our view-only account and full account.
6 - All are dealing with finding trends or insights for clients. Some may be more brand centric while others are event centric.
- We can find ourselves a step ahead of the client.
- Increased employee efficiency because of the aggregated information.
- Better customer service because we are more knowledgable and are able to give back better feedback.
- Social Studio,Buddy Media
We use Social Studio for content scheduling and Buddy Media for flagging inappropriate words and questions and therefore for each tool, we use it for a different purpose.
I personally would not make the decision, but I think my superiors enjoy what NetBase gives them access to and are now figuring out more and more things that NetBase does and therefore I see them very likely to renew.
I think NetBase is really good when it alerts you of a spike in an article. Sometimes these articles are really irrelevant but other times they alert you of things that you may not have seen organically until a few hours or even days. When you are tracking a certain event or subject is where the tool is well suited but if you are looking at something generic it can be hard to pin point and receive good information.