August 19, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with OpenShift
OpenShift is being used at a project level. OpenShift makes it easy to host our web application on the cloud. Being on the cloud makes our application more accessible than it was before. The interface is easy to use and understand so there is not too much difficulty on that front. It can also be useful from time to time for testing out prototypes.
- Easy to use interface.
- Free 1GB access on signup.
- It is considerably fast.
- When there is a failure while uploading a project it may take time to understand where the problem is coming from.
- SSL certification knowledge is required before deploying web projects.
- Difficult to check and understand logs.
- It has made things more easily accessible to everyone.
- Customer support is good so we didn't need to hire any extra representatives to handle issues.
- Gives us the freedom to focus on code rather than deployment. Except for a few scenarios where it's been difficult to understand, it is good for anyone with decent experience.
It is easy to understand. Gives our team freedom to focus on the quality of our coding and not worry too much about build and deployment which honestly can be a headache for some of us. Also, customer support is fast and responsive so we don't have to wait for weeks for issues to get fixed.
Their customer support team is good and quick to respond. On a couple of occassions, they have helped us in solving some issues which we were finding a tad difficult to comprehend. On a rare occasion, the response was a bit slow but maybe it was because of the festival season. Overall a good experience on this front.
OpenShift is well suited in most cases. They provide 1GB of free space upon sign up. Customer support is also quick and responsive. Recent server movement from Jboss servers to a more complex server system has made things a bit difficult but still, it is great and one of the better tools in the market.