Overall Satisfaction with Oracle ATG Web Commerce
Oracle ATG Web Commerce was used by the company for setting up an eCommerce web site.
- I think ATG is a well designed powerful eCommerce framework, it is a pioneer MVC framework.
- ATG has lots of good features like well designed database schemas, commerce modules, request pipeline, commerce pipeline, object relational mapping with caching (also called repository), dsp tag library and much more.
- ATG has good and comprehensive documentations.
- Developers might need to spend a little more time to learn the entire framework
- As a software engineer, ATG was one of the good framework products I enjoyed learning and working in my career path.
- JSF, Hibernate and IBM WCS
Hibernate and JSF are both good, but for setting up and running an eCommerce system, you will need to start to build the site from scratch. ATG will allow a company to accomplish this task faster and it has a good and powerful framework to support the site.